No announcement yet.

New Mafia Scoring system discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just would like to see use of the clues !!!!
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Those PMed clues were fun, it would be good if they started up again. But then, it is a lot of work making them and half don't even get posted. Maybe if the GM disclosed who got the PMs each round, then the people who got the clues would be somewhat encouraged to post their clues. The mafia of course would most likely need to change their clue slightly or make up a completely new one, but still that would be fun.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

/me haven't read all the thread

Anything to stop docpiling, and people joining without playing
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Someone should make a scoresheet so far.
          According to the old rules.

That means mafia gets a point if he wins and all alive villagers gat a point each if they kill mafia.

It's rather simple, though time consuming.

Any volunteers?

My score so far is nil.

Comment

This is a nice idea but there are a few issues. Early on no one knows anything and if you vote for the mafia it's luck. Plus, it's much easier to survive a few rounds as the mafia, making those randomly chosen likely to have the most points under your system no matter what.

Comment

Those PMed clues were fun, it would be good if they started up again. But then, it is a lot of work making them and half don't even get posted. Maybe if the GM disclosed who got the PMs each round, then the people who got the clues would be somewhat encouraged to post their clues.
              That's why I stopped doing them. People just sat on them and didn't pass them on. All the clues can be in the story instead. I was also hoping that those who failed to get clues would make them up to push blame away from themselves, but that happened only once or twice (remember those "3 clues, so someone is lying" rounds?)

I can bring them back, if people will.
              a) Post them
              b) Not docpile anyone that posts a clue

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Thats why you should say who got clues, but not actually tell us what the clues were. Before it was safety in anonymity, we knew someone had a clue just like we knew someone was the mafia, but we didn't know which person. Too little accountability meant they could get away with anything. But if the people who got the clues were revealed each round, then they would have to post a clue or look suspicious. This should also prevent people docpiling whoever posts their clue too.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

How about if I say three names of people who got clues and only two actually got them.

The third person can either be honest "I didn't get one" or make one up, and make one of the other two look bad *very evil grin*

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Evil as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                      How about if I say three names of people who got clues and only two actually got them.
                      -Jam

Mean.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Everyone likes evilness. That's why evil is good

-Jam

Comment

I like that too.

On the negative points thing, I agree with the whole not letting them join up next game if they hit a certain negative point score, but I don't really see the need for letting people get reserve spots any more than they sometimes already do. Not very fond of the whole (oh look, the game's almost over, if I say I want to be in the next game when the official sign-up thread starts up, I'll be automatically on the list!)

Everybody should have to post on that list except in special circumstances... makes it so there's actually a greater liklihood of active posters grabbing spots.
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

The third person can either be honest "I didn't get one" or make one up, and make one of the other two look bad *very evil grin*

-Jam

I like it very much
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

evil jamski , very evill.... i like it ....
                                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                                X