New RoN X-Pack Ideas.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RoN X-Pack Ideas.....

I was just thinking: What will be the next add on to Rise of Nations? I was thinking of having an expansion pack about just Indians in general featuring a whole bunch of native indians....and blah blah blah. We would have all new wonders (any suggestions?????????) and new conquer the world campaigns. You would have to fight off enemy tribes.....any other ideas for different expansion packs....

Keep on playing,
    ronwsag

New nations are important, obviously. I think it would be cool if you had an option on the free-for-all CtW campaign, though. With "Short" games that last a few turns per age and territory REALLY has to be fought for, to "Long" games with many turns per age, and there is more territory to be had, to allow for expanding against Barbarian tribes for a few turns before turning against other nations. As it is, Europe in particular is really cramped. It would be awesome if you could turn conquered nations into vassals, and territories could revolt if conditions there are bad, or if maybe you go to war with a bordering state, and they see a chance to gain independence. So if Japan took Korea, and they neglected the territory, or went to war with a much stronger China, Korea revolts, and you can either put it down, or let it go and focus on China. This would mean eliminating an entire civilization is time-consuming, and not neccessarily permanent.

Maybe Ctw could have a sort of "Fog of War" option, where you can't see what's going on in places you don't know exist, meaning until you work your way over there, Europeans just don't know what's happening in the Americas. This goes away in the Industrial or Modern age automatically, of course.
    "There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others." ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

I think it would be nice to see the original "Chinese scenario" that they had planned for T&P but then shelved after time grew tight. It's a very interesting culture with several periods in history that seem almost custom-made for war games to depict.

"Romance of the Three Kingdoms" anybody?

Oh, and a Star Wars add on would be nice too. If they don't do one, I will just have to make one myself.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

The only I would like to see added is my 'Wonder idea' which I have described before this XPack was released:

The game contains 4 wonders for each age, instead of two wonders per age...
        Each time you start a new game, the game chooses some random wonders to be built in the game (In CtW all wonders are avaliable). It chooses 2 wonders for each age

Here's an example:
        You have 4 wonders for Age x: Wonder1, Wonder2, Wonder3, Wonder4

When starting a game, age x wonders can be one of the following:

Wonder1 and Wonder2
        Wonder1 and Wonder3
        Wonder1 and Wonder4
        Wonder2 and Wonder3
        Wonder2 and Wonder4
        Wonder3 and Wonder4

This gives 6 different 'Wonder selections' for each age... and with 8 different ages, it makes each game different
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
        X