Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September '48: Autumn of our Discontent

PAPER HEADLINES
    • Eilat Falls, Brigadier Goldmann vows revenge.
    • Israeli airforce recieves baptism of fire, destroys Egyptian bombers off Jerusalem and earns its first decoration.
    • Airports built in Yemen and Tel Aviv allow us to fly immigrants into the country.

ECONOMY AND DEFENCE
    • Tel Aviv and Yemeni Freedom have built city improvements.
    • $3000 has been deposited in our coffers, I want to recommend the purchase of 1 WW2 artillery and 2 T-34s.
    • I suggest that the city defences in Nevatim be rushed.

NORTHERN FRONT- N
    Kafer Szold has been brutally punished by a single enemy T-34 regiment. The sonofabiatch is sitting on a hill, and almost cleared the city completely. Do you think our artillery there can take care of it? We lost the AA, a Hagana and a Kibbutznick. Enemy artillery also approaches Mishmar on all sides, please use the T-34 in Tiberias to get as many of those as possible.

The Lebanese road looks quiet for now, looks like that first two turns was all they had for the moment.

HOME FRONT- H
    Enemy artillery roams around Tantura, this front might lose units if we become strapped for them in the North or South. No other activity of import reported here.

JUDEAN FRONT- J
    West Jerusalem was bombed and our AA was destroyed, which means the city is vulnerable. How much longer is the siege of East Jerusalem expected to take?

SINAI FRONT- S
    Eilat fell. But we get 3 Irgun.

The enemy approaches Ashdod with artillery, destroy it. First use the less mobile artillery and use the T-34 to destroy things out of range of the tank. I'm assigning a newly repaired, veteran T-34 brigade to your command. I also assigned a new machine gun to Ashdod.

Nevatim was raided with armoured cars too, so be careful. I suggest that the defence works in Nevatim be rushed.
    Attached Files

If the turn log isn't posted each time someone posts the save I will skin them. I mean it. And I want it posted in this size too. And in bright neon red as here.

COS part I (El Awrence) - DONE
    Northern Front: (Stalin II) -
    Home Front: (HTower) -
    Judean East (Yaroslav) -
    Sinai Front: (Rasputin) -
    Immigration (Conmcb25 acting) -
    Defense (Conmcb25) -
    Econ - (Arthedain) -
    COS part II (El Awrence) -
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: September '48: Autumn of our Discontent

Originally posted by El Awrence HOME FRONT- H
      Enemy artillery roams around Tantura, this front might lose units if we become strapped for them in the North or South. No other activity of import reported here.
      While all of my forces are of course at your call, I believe that the forces you can remove from my command and still allow me to conduct effective defensive operations are: 2 of 3 WW1 artillery, 1 of 5 machine gun. Any more units than this and I will be unable to respond to any enemy advance.

At this moment I require no additional forces to defend my sector yet lack key special forces to conduct offensive operations against Jenin.

I reccommend the transfer of the Northern Front's Zion Worker to my command to be effective at the end of this month so that I may speed the completion of the Haifa-Tel Aviv railroad. Completion of this railroad will mean that units can be speedily transferred north and south rapidly for emergency purposes.
      Last edited by H Tower; May 8, 2004, 00:08.

Comment

Re: September '48: Autumn of our Discontent

Originally posted by El Awrence
        JUDEAN FRONT- J
        West Jerusalem was bombed and our AA was destroyed, which means the city is vulnerable. How much longer is the siege of East Jerusalem expected to take?
        One more month as much
        Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

COS part I (El Awrence) - DONE
          Northern Front: (Stalin II) - PENDING
          Home Front: (HTower) - PENDING
          Judean East (Yaroslav) - DONE
          Sinai Front: (Rasputin) - PENDING
          Immigration (Conmcb25 acting) - PENDING
          Defense (Conmcb25) - PENDING
          Econ - (Arthedain) - PENDING
          COS part II (El Awrence) - PENDING

GREAT VICTORY!!!!

Jerusalem has been unified with the fall of the Old City in our hands.
          Some enemy arty that was coming to try to break our siege was destroyed.

See the thread for more details!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by yaroslav; May 8, 2004, 09:56.

Comment

Shouldn't unit purchasing happen before commanders play? How are we to know what/if reinforcements we are getting?

Comment

We do it afterwards, and units become available next turn. Basically, they are bought and moved to the front this turn by me when the turn is going to end.

Comment

HOLD the Game

The fall of East Jerusalem marks the possibility of going on a serious offensive against Egypt... this turn. We have two T-34s in Ashdod and I think that with 2 more we could rollpin them down the coast, as their offensive has waned. I think it would be a great chance to push the Egyptians back, allowing us to move the front away from the Motherland.

I would like input from Rasputin as to this possibility. If he thinks he has the resources, then I would like Arthedain to tell me whether we can get these two extra T-34s and thus allow the push this turn or if he prefers to go ahead next turn.

Comment

If Rasputin begins rolling up the Sinai with armored units, I would like to request his artillery units as they will be too slow to keep up with the tanks and will be virtually useless to him, bringing up the rear. Home Front will be able to roll down from Nazereth much quicker with those units, preventing the Palestians and Jordanians from bringing counteroffensive action against my flank.

EDIT: Central Front's West Bank Offensive. OP Plan #1

Description
                  High Command has authorized an offensive south from Nazareth into the West Bank with the eventual link up of the Judean and Central Front link up to accomplished somewhere near Nablus or Beth Shemen. The first target is the city of Jenin, sure to be a tough nut to crack as it resides on a hilltop with strong city walls. Massive amounts of artillery will be needed to blast the enemy off the high ground. Additonal units that are not presently under Central Front command are : (1) Zion Worker currently at sea, (1) Palmach to be rushed with a disbanded immigrant in Haifa. (???) any additional artillery units that can be spared from other commands.

September 1948
                  -Nazareth Attack force moves into Nazereth (2) Machine Gun, (2) WW1 artillery
                  -WW1 Artillery in Haderah moves north towards Haifa
                  -Zion Worker (onboard ship currently) lands in Haifa and begins building RR next to it but work is aborted
                  Rush palmach in Haifa with disbanded immigrant

October 1948
                  -Zion Worker with 1 turn of prebuild moves to outside Jenin and builds fortress (instant completion)
                  -(2) machine gun and (2) WW1 artillery move to fortress from nazereth
                  -Palmach in Haifa moves to fortress outside of Jenin
                  -WW1 Artillery outside Haifa moves to near Nazareth.

November 1948
                  -(2) WW1 Artillery in fortress attack Jenin
                  -(1) WW1 artillery west of Nazareth arrives in fortress
                  -Any 1 movement point units sent from Ashod in September will arrive in Fortress this month.

EDIT #2: See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...44#post2963044 for OP PLAN 1A
                  Last edited by H Tower; May 8, 2004, 16:17.

Comment

If he decides to go on the offensive this turn I could send extra artillery to the Home front next turn (two more turns if they need repairs), and I plan on giving you two WW2 pieces to work your way south and eastwards from Nazareth (one this turn, one the next).

Comment

I'll join forces with HTower going north from Yerosalayhim with three arty units.

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
                        HOLD the Game
                        The fall of East Jerusalem marks the possibility of going on a serious offensive against Egypt... this turn. We have two T-34s in Ashdod and I think that with 2 more we could rollpin them down the coast, as their offensive has waned. I think it would be a great chance to push the Egyptians back, allowing us to move the front away from the Motherland.

I would like input from Rasputin as to this possibility. If he thinks he has the resources, then I would like Arthedain to tell me whether we can get these two extra T-34s and thus allow the push this turn or if he prefers to go ahead next turn.
                        I've looked into it some, and as we got 3000 this turn, we can afford to buy 2 T-34'a and that artillery unit without any porblems at all.
                        "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                        It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Can you buy them now then? Before Rasputin plays?

Comment

Why don't he just buy it? I trust him..

@ Rasputin: Buy two T-43'a and one Artillery piece ok?
                            "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                            It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthedain
                              Why don't he just buy it? I trust him..

@ Rasputin: Buy two T-43'a and one Artillery piece ok?
                              World War 2 Artillery ::

Comment

Working...
                              X