Civ2-Mac Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2-Mac Link

DanQ and MarkG, as I mentioned in a <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum32/HTML/000125.html?0#0">recent post</A> on the Civ2-Mac Form, numerous veteran ACS Civers seem to have a hard time finding the link to the Civ2-Mac page on the main Civ2 page. I think that the problem is that they don't recognize the Civ2 MPG box artwork as "Macintosh" but rather as general "Civilization." Hence, they try clicking the white on red "CIV2 FOR MAC" which isn't a link and they abandon hope and send me an e-mail! It was my impression that Markos selected the box artwork graphic as a nice big and appropriate target for the link around the same time we started making changes to Romulo's old pages. Most notably, the iMac image was added to the header of the Mac page; a DISTINCTLY Macintosh image! Is there a way to either modify the existing graphic (perhaps overlay large "Macintosh" on the art or join the artwork and red bar) or choose a better recognized Mac graphic such as the Apple (rainbow or solid colored), iMac, Mac OS "smiley face" or Claris the "Dogcow" (Moof!).

On the other hand, there ARE two existing links to the Mac pages (graphic at top and text at the bottom) and maybe that's sufficient. Just gotta' spread the word.

------------------
    "And now for something completely different..."
    - John Cleese
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

well, the footer text link appears on ALL the civ2 pages....

anyway, i added an extra "caption" to the image...

Comment

Thanks for the change. Maybe that will help some.
      I'm afraid that the text link at the bottom of the page is overlooked by many who don't scroll down that far past the current news.

I'll edit the "sticky" thread to reflect the change and also point out the links at the bottom of each page.

------------------
      "And now for something completely different..."
      - John Cleese
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
      X