Where is Vel's strategy guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Vel's strategy guide?

I was trying to locate it and found the original forum was closed. Anybody could direct me to where I could find it? Thanks!
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

HongHu,

I assume you're looking for one of the free versions (since you're surely aware that the latest non-free version can be found in the topped "At Long Last" thread on this forum).

Version 3 of the guide can be found here:

plus lots of other stuff.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

If you're looking for the latest version, Petek is right, you can find the information in that topped thread in this forum "At last..." or something like that.

The direct link to the site where you can buy the guide is here...

BTW, Petek, wow nice link you posted. I definitely will have to take a closer look at that link when I have time.

EDIT: The link I posted is for SMAX. If you want SMAC only, I don't know where you can find that one.
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I also found some strategy guide written by Vel and someone else on the internet by using google. It's long- like 159 pages. Seems to have some pretty good info. I haven't read the whole thing yet.

Comment

Vel's Strat Guide - Version 2 for SMAC…

…contains a lot of valid, and valuable, information that is not in Version 3 for SMAX.
          I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

gwillybj is the man.

SMAC is what I'm lookin' for.
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Just for history's sake, does anyone know where to find version 1.0?

Comment

Thank you very much everybody!
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Verrucosus
                  Just for history's sake, does anyone know where to find version 1.0?
                  Even Vel doesn't have a copy of version 1 (as of a couple of years ago, anyway). Here's a quote from Vel

"As always, thanks guys! I had no idea version 2.0 was still running around out there, but that's good to see! You'll prolly find some version 3.0's out there free as well, but I'm betting that v1.0 has gone the way of the dinosaur (I know I don't have a copy anymore, but if anybody does, that'd be something....go back and look at it in its earliest stages!)."

from this thread:

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                  -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
                  X