Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Playoffs, Round 2!

Continued from: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=112117
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I heard last night from several (although intoxicated) sources that the Canucks are indeed just a bunch of fags

Comment

Well on my picks I stand currently at a miserable 4 picks out of 7

My 3 miscalls

-- I never thought Philly would ever get goaltending
      -- I thought Dallas would continue their second half surge and that Turco would outplay Aebischer-- I did have a lot of reservations about how strong Colorado could be if they woke up though
      -- St Louis?? what was I thinking?? I guess I am still not thinking of San Jose as a good team

I have to cheer for Ottawa now to at least get me to 5 of 8
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
        I heard last night from several (although intoxicated) sources that the Canucks are indeed just a bunch of fags
        Well I think that about settles that issue.

Comment

My Predictions:

EAST: ROUND ONE

Tampa Bay vs. Islanders - Tampa in 5
          Boston vs Montreal - Boston in 7
          Philadelphia vs. New Jersey - Jersey in 6
          Toronto vs. Ottawa - Toronto in 7

WEST: ROUND ONE

Detroit vs. Nashville - Detroit in 4
          St Louis vs. San Jose - St Louis in 5
          Vancouver vs. Calgary - Vancouver in 5
          Colorado vs. Dallas - Colorado in 7.

I call a Vancouver/New Jersey final.
          Well I was way-off, wasn't I? At least I'm still winning the hockey pool...
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by joncha

Well I was way-off, wasn't I? At least I'm still winning the hockey pool...
            I, too, was way off. Alas, I am anything BUT winning the godforsaken playoff pool.

WEST

Detroit over Nashville in 4
            St. Louis over San Jose in 7
            Calgary over Vancouver in 6
            Colorado over Dallas in 6 (Sakic & Forsberg make the difference, though I do think Turco is a strong, strong tender.)

EAST

Tampa over Islanders in 5
            Boston over Montreal in 5
            New Jersey over Philly in 7 (Brodeur...)
            Toronto over Ottawa in 6

I thought St. Lou's veterans would lead the way. Instead, they were their lack of discipline did them in. At least I picked the winners in Detroit, Calgary, and Colorado, though the games were off.

Spot on for Tampa. WOO!
            I had no idea Boston would choke it up ever so much.
            Brodeur, you have failed me.
            I thought Ottawa would fold like a tent... Instead, Belfour's the only reason Toronto even has a hope of advancing. Amazing.
            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
            "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Well from someone living in BC I am sad to see the Nucks go, but they did make the last 2 games exciting. Now I can switch hats to my true favorite TB. I am sure they will at least bring a good game or 2!!

Comment

Originally posted by vlad
                Well from someone living in BC I am sad to see the Nucks go, but they did make the last 2 games exciting. Now I can switch hats to my true favorite TB. I am sure they will at least bring a good game or 2!!
                Hopefully. And hopefully the Habs will kick some Floridian ***!
                What?

Comment

I missed the ****ing goal in OT.

Absolutely unbelievable. Stepped out to call my folks, got a busy signal, walked back into the party with my friends and there it was, they'd scored, and it was all over.

Good for Gelinas. He's a good player.

But can I say **** Fraser? He's the worst ref to ref Vancouver games. The Canucks have statistics to show that they play around .400 when Fraser refs.

I watched the game, what puzzled me is how tentative the Canucks were when they tied up the game, 1-1 after Cooke's first goal.

And then they got that 4 minute penalty to Matt Cooke. Couldn't believe it was happening.

Same thing with Jovo's penalty with 30 seconds to go in the game 7. Absolutely unheard of in a playoff game. Yeah, he jostled a bit in front of the net, but nothing out of the ordinary.

That's why I'm glad the game went to OT, so that the Canucks have no one to blame but themselves.

Oh, and BTW, they did have a goal that should have counted in the FIRST period, but no one went to the video replay. You could see the puck slide into the net, just before getting knocked off it's moorings.

But still, I said I'd be here win or lose, and Calgary played well.

I hope they go to the Stanley cup this year over the Commie Wings.

Calgary.
                  Montreal.

Ottawa.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm pretty sure the whistle blew before the net came off its moorings, but even if it didn't, those kinds of bad breaks happen to every team.

Commie Wings? Now I know who to cheer for, thanks BK!
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

btw, do you like my new avatar Obiwan?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yep, like I said, it deserved to go to OT, in game 7. No series could be closer.

Though it would have been nice to have a healthy Cloutier and Bert for the playoffs.

*sigh*

Been a tough year for the Canucks all round.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

The Leafs are up 1-0, seven minutes into game 7.

Comment

I love the avatar.

What game is the picture taken from? That's Kirk McLean!

Comment

Aaah.

That's the goal that beat the Canucks. One goal shy of the Stanley cup.

Comment

Working...
                              X