Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli Defence Act

According to Art.2 §2 of the basic laws, which says,

The President would be a third moderator for the forum, would substitute for any missing players and coordinate efforts between the various departments. The President could also "make laws" so to speak if different jobs apparently overlapped, though it is ultimately the PM's responsibility to adjugate disputes between Ministers

I use my position as President of Israel to propose the following law to be voted for in the Knesset.

Israeli Defence Act

1. The nation of Israel has the right to defend itself from external and internal agression by the means it deems necessary.
    2. The means are, however, restricted to the following:
    -No occupation of foreign territory is allowed, unless it is temporary and serves solely the purpose of destroying military units which are openly posing to hurt the borders of Israel by attack or invasion. After these military strikes, the units are to return to Israeli territory immediately.
    -Foreign territory may permanently be occupied with the consent of the local population, who are to be given the opportunity to vote freely and fairly whether they want to belong to Israel or to the administration they belonged to before.
    3. Israel is to respect and defend the borders of 1947, unless territorial expansion is approved by the concerning population through free and fair votes.

Game-wise this would mean:

-No military units may pass the borders as they were at the start of the game unless they want to kill units which are considered as extremely dangerous in the offensive. All units currently standing on foreign grounds are to be withdrawn.
    -Territorial expansion is not allowed by military conquest, but is allowed by bribing cities and units.

Law Backgrounds:

While many people will probably be against this law as it practically forbids conquest, these restrictions may make the game longer-lasting and more challenging, thus, more fun to play.
    As member of the Harmony Party of Israel, I also consider it my duty to propose such a law which is in coordinance with the party manifesto.

Votes:

Members of the Knesset may vote for approval or disapproval of this law:

Voting "Yes" means you approve the proposition as it is written above, and you approve that it is de facto becoming a rule of the game.
    Voting "No" means you disapprove the proposition.
    Voting "Counter-proposal" means you disapprove the law as it is written above, but you make a counter-proposition for this law. It could also mean that you want to make an addition to this law, or that you approve only a part of this law. In each case, please state your thoughts.
    Voting "Banana Import Law" means you want to restrict the flood of imported bananas in Israel.

Members of the Knesset are free to decide whether they want to openly post what they voted for in this thread, or keep it secret. For the sake of making this vote uncomplicated, they are however encouraged to state what they voted for. They are also encouraged to decide independently from their respective party's opinion, according to their personal conscience.
    If the number of votes given exceeds the number of allowed votes (e.g. there are 6 or 7 votes instead of 5 which is the number of Knesset members), the vote will be disqualified unless all those who voted and were allowed to do so openly posted what they voted for.
    In case there is a tie (e.g. two voted for "yes", two voted for "no" and the fifth vote was either not given or given to a third party), there will be a second ballot between the two options that received the most votes, unless "Banana Import Law" is among those two.

The poll is timed for seven days.
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%
    Counter-proposal
    0.00%
    Banana Import Law
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Stefan Härtel; April 17, 2004, 04:33.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Sorry Stefan but you know me Im a die hard hawk.

I would do a counter proposal but Im too busy in RL and running two ministries right now.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Thanks for your votes, conmcb25 and whoever else voted so far.
      BTW, I think there are too many topped threads, normal ones almost get pushed to the second page.
      Follow the masses!

Comment

Though I do not have a vote in this, surely even a Hawk (I like the pun ) can see that our esteemed President's proposed law is for the betterment of Israel. It's implementation would allow for the defence of our borders against agression, and finally give an option for peace in the region. How many innocents must die before we stop this senseless war?

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

It sounds ok, I guess. I mean, Egypt is our natural lebensraum anyway, it's historically part of the promised land.

Comment

Didn't realize this was here. You have a point about the topped threads, but I keep hearing calls them to have them topped.

Anyway, for the law, HELL NO! What do you think we've been doing outside of East Jerusalem for last few months? We shall fight until the Arabs are ready to make peace.
            David Disraeli
            Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

This is weird we have two posted no votes and one yes

and the poll is just the opposite.

Hmm, I would just call for a knesset roll call vote next time stefan so you can keep track of who voted and how.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

not being a member of the knesset i have no say, but i would say the 1947 borders are too restictive, we need to expand and take what was always meant to be ours

If we allow others t oremain so close to us with their inbred hatred of us they will only return to kill more citizens later.

lets take what we can to keep them at bay and never let them grow strong enough to threaten us again
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

So the proposal is rejected, although at least two Knesset members didn't show up.
                  Follow the masses!

Comment

glad it was rejected for the betterment of israel

Comment

Are the other two Knesset members going to vote?

If so please post you vote in the thread so we can get this finalized.

Thanks

Comment

Have the other Knesset members gone AWOL??????

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                          Have the other Knesset members gone AWOL??????
                          hi ,

they are seen swimming in Bat Yam , ......

maybe the knesset needs elections , .....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

time for new knessett.. to replace the awol members??

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                              time for new knessett.. to replace the awol members??

hi ,

yes , why not , ....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X