MoM: Casting Skill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoM: Casting Skill?

I haven't been able to figure out how exactly mana allocated into casting skill works (at least I cannot find any information in the manual). I have a tentative idea that I need to have a constant and generally increasing mana allocation in casting skill for it to improve. I cannot alter the casting skill over a few turns by either drastically lowering or increasing the mana currently allocated... somehow the casting skill remains almost constant (though it generally increases over time).

Can someone explain how this works?

Additionally, is it possible to focus entirely on spell research during the early game and then switch to mana reserves/casting skill and immediately gain a high casting skill relative to the total current mana 'income'?

IIRC, skill is increased when the mana that you allocate to skill tops your current skill level(or some multiple thereof)

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

From the FAQ:

The third bar improves your spell skill. Mana from the third bar goes into a
      pool, and when the pool gets to 2 times your current skill, your skill goes
      up a point. Note: If the pool totals more than 2x, the excess is not wasted,
      but carries over for the next increase. If your current skill is 30, you
      will have to build up a pool of 60, to bump your skill up to 31.

Archmage gives you a starting 10 pt spell skill bonus, and a 50% bonus to the
      mana added to your improvement pool. For example, if your powerbase is 60
      and each bar is getting exactly 1/3, you are putting in 20 mana, but the
      number added to your pool and shown under the bar will be 30. Also, the
      starting 10 bonus points are in addition to the normal "pool" process. In
      other words, if you are an archmage and your skill is shown as 30, that is
      the 10 bonus points and 20 normal points. When the pool gets up to 40, your
      normal points will bump to 21 and your spell skill will be 31.

Comment

Thanks! That was very helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV
          From the FAQ:
          That is what I meant.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Archmage rocks! The casting skill is the only thing that is good to invest your power in ....
            Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
            X