X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August '48: Canned Arab for Dinner

ECONOMY & DEFENCE

Nayariyyah builds the defences.

Mishmar Yarden AA was destroyed and needs replacing.

Barracks might be good to build in Mishmar Yarden and in Ashdod, to quick repair units.

Tel Aviv should rush the airport it is building.

NORTHERN FRONT

Nahariyyah held admirably against attacks from the Lebanese, both from the bombardment of enemy gunboats and artillery bombardments along the road. The city should hold now that defences have been purchased, against most attacks.

In the Golan, Metullah was heroic, and two enemy T-34s were wrecked in the approaches to the city by brave Kibbutznicks (I kid you not!) However, Mishmar was assaulted with success, and we've lost our AA. The city is surrounded by enemy units too.

I've deployed a T-34 to Tiberias, but will be useable only next turn. It can march south to defend the Jordan lines or north to Golan, please decide amongst the Home and Nothern Fronts.

HOME FRONT

Nothing much happened. There is enemy activity along the Jordan and off Tantura.

I've deployed a T-34 to Tiberias, but will be useable only next turn. It can march south to defend the Jordan lines or north to Golan, please decide amongst the Home and Nothern Fronts.

JUDEAN FRONT

The enemy raided our positions outside Jerusalem, our Kibbutznicks defended admirably. Two WW2 artillery units are available for use in West Jerusalem. Good luck overcoming the enemy defences!

SINAI FRONT

Tekumah has fallen, and Eilat has been cleared and will fall next turn. Enemy T-34s attacked us in Ashdod and destroyed a Hagana. A T-34 is ready for action in Ashdod. The enemy amasses outside Kafar Etzion, but our badass Palmach should be able to deal with that.

I would like to suggest the evacuation of Revivim to Nevatim, and pillaging the road between Eilat and Nevatim to hinder the enemy advancing through the desert. Thoughts?

BELOW: The casualty report. The enemy seems to have wasted the initiative this turn.
    Attached Files

COS part I (El Awrence) - DONE
    Northern Front: (Stalin II) -
    Home Front: (Yaroslav) -
    Judean East (Yaroslav) -
    Sinai Front: (Rasputin) -
    Immigration (Conmcb25 acting) -
    Defense (Conmcb25) -
    Econ - (Arthedain) -
    COS part II (El Awrence) -
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: August '48: Canned Arab for Dinner

Thread stickied, and the new situation map pleases me.

Originally posted by El Awrence
      ECONOMY & DEFENCE

Nayariyyah builds the defences.

Mishmar Yarden AA was destroyed and needs replacing.

Barracks might be good to build in Mishmar Yarden and in Ashdod, to quick repair units.

Tel Aviv should rush the airport it is building.
      Additionally, I think we need to consider building another transport for the Med. somewhere. Those immigrants in Cyprus are beggining to add up.

As for the Egyptian coastal road, I have noticed that most remaining units are offensive in nature. I think we need at least some more defensive machine guns or dua-purpose Palmach, we only have one machine gunner and an AA for defense in Ashod. (as well as arty and a T-34.

I must also ask, was anything sold in Eilat last turn!!!! I can't see anything gone! Remember to sell!

NORTHERN FRONT

In the Golan, Metullah was heroic, and two enemy T-34s were wrecked in the approaches to the city by brave Kibbutznicks (I kid you not!) However, Mishmar was assaulted with success, and we've lost our AA. The city is surrounded by enemy units too.

Wow, Metullah did well, those units were barely scratched.
      As for the T-34, I see three uses.
      1. Send it to the Golan to help relieve Mishmar.
      2. Send it to Nazareth to help take the city. (I am nervous because those forces can be left vulnerable to counter-attack from Nazareth if it does not fall in one turn).
      3. Send it to Degania or Gesher, though I don't see anything here so far that the Palmach cannot handle.

The solution will depend on the evaluation when the Golan commander and the commander of whomever is in charge of those forces at Nazareth play their turn. It may also be possible to send the Palmach from Beth-Shean temporarily instead of the T-34, since the Haganah can handle the fanatic, and I really don't want the forces at Nazareth exposed to a counter-attack, a nd the loss of two machine guns and two WWI artillery's.

JUDEAN FRONT

The enemy raided our positions outside Jerusalem, our Kibbutznicks defended admirably. Two WW2 artillery units are available for use in West Jerusalem. Good luck overcoming the enemy defences!
      Indeed, best of luck, and remember to be ready from attacks from the north.

SINAI FRONT

I would like to suggest the evacuation of Revivim to Nevatim, and pillaging the road between Eilat and Nevatim to hinder the enemy advancing through the desert. Thoughts?
      Your plan does sound logical, since I only think we can only form one of Con's fortresses down there. Is there anyone who thinks we should try to hold Revivim?

BELOW: The casualty report. The enemy seems to have wasted the initiative this turn.
      Indeed, we are doing much better than I hoped in the Golan, and the Egyptian coastal road.
      David Disraeli
      Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Ì just come to think about Eilat when I started to read this post. Darn I forgot to sell the improvement. I will sell this turn though..
        "Peace cannot be kept by force.
        It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

ARGH!

Comment

Playing turn...
            "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

The link to the turn report:

Attached Files

Comment

sinia front being played now
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Sinia

Played , see the Sinaioa front report for full detials....
                  Attached Files
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I'll play tomorrow. Very busy at work. Sorry for the delay.
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

2 fronts

Home front and Judean front moved, a report for each one in their threads.

Nazareth has been conquered. I don't seem to need the tank of Tiberias, so maybe North could found it useful. However, if not useful, I'll use it conquest Jenin quickier and speed the race to Nablus, Tul Karm, Qalqyla and Jericho.

East Jerusalem expected to fall next month.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by yaroslav; April 16, 2004, 16:35.

Comment

Good job with Nazareth.
                        David Disraeli
                        Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Thanks PM

Comment

I think I will be able to think about an attack plan in the north in about 2-5 turns

Comment

Then I'll use than tank until that plan is though

Comment

Working...
                              X