PBEM: Heart of Fire GM needed, and rules discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kody
    When playing freeciv with a friend, after I had massacred the AIs I gave donated all but one bases rather than fight him. I don't really go for solo victories against human players.
    Should freely donating bases disallowed?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I don't mind either way. Just send me the turn already

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Kody, I'll await the votes of the other participants before deciding, but if no seventh player is wanted, I like to give it a try (mini DG? )
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Sounds to me nobody opposes it. You and Kody still need to decide who is Spartan and who is Hive I think?
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Kody has first choice IMO, but if he leaves it to me, I'll prefer the Hive (I'm starting as Spartans in another PBEM, that's why).

Btw,
            stockpile bug: ok to use.
            Edited.

I'll sent a password to Barinthus.
            Last edited by GeoModder; April 12, 2004, 14:21.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
              free donating bases: ok as well.
              I was joking.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                I was joking.
                /me tips hat.
                Mrs Hook, Mrs Sinker, welcome in this PBEM...
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                  PBEM? I mean the only one AI left is certainly going to be PWND reeeaaal soon anyway.
                  I'm in a 7 human players PBEM myself 'Peace In Our Times.'

Ok you all have been terrific, we're on a roll here. I hope to get on the scenairo as of tomorrow (Tuesday). Unfortunately my obligations to Uncle Sam comes first but if everything goes well, all of that will be taken care of tonight.
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Very cool

IC :

CEO Jamski of the Jamskites put 100ecs in his pocket and carefully guided his escape pod onto the surface of Planet. His followers laid back on luxurious upholsted couches, and prepared to build an economically free society on the surface of this new world - even at the cost of that world's natural resorces and beauty. Better clean, than green

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Such beautiful planet ... Lady Hong watched as the escape pod approaches fast to the surface. Her heart aches when she thinks about what the planet will suffer from its various intruders, especially a certain greedy and cold-hearted one ...

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Geo watched the throng flocking to the pod's viewscreens to have a first look at the planet they're descending at. "Discipline", he thought "that's what those drones need, a hard hand to mold them in the perfect shape for my plans...
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

*Deacon Frankychan bows*

OOC: Brothers and sisters, You will have to forgive me in my ignorance as this will be the VERY FIRST time your shepherd has participated in a PBEM (functioning PBEM anyway). I hope my children are not TOO upset if I make an error.

IC: Deacon Frankychan stares through the viewport at the fast approaching planet. Lord, protect us in this endeavor. Thumbing his pewter cross, he addresses the assembled....

"Brothers and sisters, we begin a new life under God on this alien world. God has given us this second opportunity to right past wrongs....to forgive us for the secularization that plagued Earth. We turned from God and He punished us. Let us not squander this blessing. Praise be to God!"

Praise be to Him..........and no one better stand in my way.
                          Last edited by Frankychan; April 13, 2004, 00:25.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Commissioner Hercules looked out with wonder and anticipation as the pod moved closer to the planet's surface. Can all that hope, that idealism, that initiated this whole expedition, nurture new life and democracy on this second chance for humanity in this new beginning. He hoped so and would do his best to ensure that outcome.

Meanwhile the citizens in Commissioner Hercule's Pod look out on the rapidly approaching planet surface. Yes with fear and intrepidation but also promise of a better life.
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Okay I guess I'll take Spartans.

__________________________________________________ __

Survival, the oldest of human instincts and what drove the human race away from our dying planet to seek a new life on an alien world.

The battle on the ship had been successful the Spartans had secured their place on the new planet, but at the loss of many loyal men and women. However, the chaos on the ship was just the beginning a simple precursor for the battle that will occur on the planet. The struggle on the planet surface would be against the alien world itself and the worst enemy would be ourselves.

Six other escape pods also spiralled downwards towards the planet carrying the seeds of factions that would ultimately strive for dominance. Each of these had their own ideology, but stripped away of pretences and their need for justification of their actions they would be just the same as us. Wanting to survive.

As the planet approached the men and women on the escape pod were grim, they knew and understood what was expected of them. There was something else, a repressed glimmer as they watched the viewscreen. Was it hope?

As I looked around I noticed Santiago watching me from a corner. She stared at me meeting my gaze head on and smiled. I shuddered, suddenly ill at ease with my surroundings and concentrated on the viewscreen for the remainder of the planetfall.

Comment

Just a nudge to say we're ready to start

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X