Hive-Drone unification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hive-Drone unification?

Yesterday I noticed jtsisyoda on the Hive member list. I guess the logical conclusion is the Hive and Drones have, besides having a permapact, officially unified similar to CyCon and PUT a while back.
    Shouldn't they publically announce such a unification, just like we had to do from Tass as soon as possible after the CPU formation?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Well, ATM they can get away with this since Tass is banned.

IMO they should announce, even if only for the record.

Our only 'defense' for now is to wait till Tass shows up again.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Perhaps he is ambassador, authorised for both factions, who monitors and reports what happens on their forums and vice versa. We will know soon.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Tassadar, tell me why you're banned.

Comment

.....because I want to laugh at you (the edit post page takes too long to load )

Comment

Apparently he attempted to put a "pic" up.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Seems strange for someone to be banned for attempting to post a pic of simcity 3000,
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

if he used the upload...I know from...*hem* personal experience that you shouldn't upload things that don't relate to the games Poly covers

Comment

Should we point the Red Alert thread?

Comment

Yep. Remember that Simcity 4 pic MARKOS linked to?
                    DanQ says that its illegal. And when I pointed out markos linked to it, he took the "strict interpretation" and said Markos doesn't actually allow it...He just wanted to test things out
                    I'm asking Markos directly so I can have my postcount restored.
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Ah welcome back Tassadar!

Btw, now you're here, could you please explain to everyone why the Hive-Drones wouldn't need to announce a unification? I'd tell so myself, if it weren't for the fact that I don't really understand your argumentation.

Comment

Nobody needs to announce unifications because theres no rule stating as such
                        When the Soviet Union took control of Poland, it did not announce that Poland was now a part of the Soviet Union

Comment

To other cyborgs: how about starting a thread in the general forum then, asking if unifications should be announced?

Anyway, this whole discussion is rather pointless: jtsisyoda is a member of both the Drones and the Hive, so he has access to all Hive plans & turn info. So really the question is not whether they have unified. The question is whether the Hive & Drone members have the respect for their fellow players to announce they have unified. And from how it looks now, apparently they do not find it necessary to tell everyone a basic piece of information such as whether we're playing against 1 or 2 factions...

Comment

Evil Hive! Evil Drones!

Uberevil even!

More to the point, however, any attempts by CyCon at forcing this will be vetoed by me.
                            Sorry. I just want to use my veto

Comment

I think it was already clear a while that those were cooperating smoothly.

They talked openly about how and when they met, and to what it culimated during the game. It's only surprising that only now a Drone member has access to Hive. I guess we can't really check the other way around with the Drone forum on another site.
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                              X