A new Prophet of the Lord hath come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Prophet of the Lord hath come!

People of Spain! We are in dark times! The Moors have conquered our dear Iberia, and now we have been condemned to exile in Persia [OOC: Vox is Persia, right?]!

Why have we had such a calamatous fate? What is the cause of this horrible disaster?

I tell you that I, Tifariki Inagalaside, have been appointed by Our Lord GOD himself to answer this question for the people of Spain.

Countrymen, we have strayed from the righteous path! We have become corrupt, godless, immoral sinners! Why have we lost so much that was once ours? We have betrayed Our Lord GOD, and he has punished us for this betrayal!

The first step of this betrayal was following that pretender we call the "Christ"! What good has he brought us? Nothing but turmoil! His questioning of our essential faith destroyed our wellbeing and encouraged that infidel Muhammad to incite the Moors to attack us! We must return to the worship of Our Lord GOD alone, who has no "Trinity" of incarnations, who does not advocate weak submission, as does the Moor's "Allah", but who demands that we avenge our lost homeland!

Down with our evil Egyptian overlords! Are these not the same Egyptians that brutally enslaved the first messengers of Our Lord GOD, the messengers who escaped from slavery, crossed the ocean, and came and freed us from our pagan ways? Are they not secretly subverting our leaders to convince them to forever abandon our homeland and instead engage in some mad venture into the land of Carthage?

People of Spain, unite behind me and we shall push the Moors out of Spain and chase them all the way through to their homeland, and then overrun them and their evil Chinese allies as well!

Fegusin anelo ogorebanusin Tifana Anede GUDANA! [May Our Lord GOD forgive and reward us!]

IFELINA [THE PROPHET]
    Last edited by civman2000; April 1, 2004, 10:19.

[And no, this isn't an April Fool's joke]

Comment

Four days and not even a single view??

Comment

I am fully united behind you (provided I am fed and paid).
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Ba, who do we get to kill? Forget all this religious nonsence.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

You cannot deny the Trinity. You cannot deny Christ. All who deny Christ and the Trinity are heretics. I'm sorry, but we just don't like heretics in the Vatican.

However, if you accept Christ and the trinity, then we shall declare you a true prophet. However, you must not anger the Egyptians. We need them at this time, and there are many Christians living in that country. Likewise, we do not have any reason to anger the Persians, for they too are Christian. Also, the Carthaginians must be destroyed, that is so, but the Christian communities there must not be harmed. This must be understood. Yaaaunderstand?

These heretical teachings are false; they are as misguided as those of the Moors you so hate. I want you and other zealous members of our society to assist in a reformation of this country to cleanse it of the evil that exists here. Only open your eyes to the truth of Christ and then we can stand behind you. Oppose the Church, and you oppose the instrument of God on earth.

Pope Calixtus II
            Empire growing,
            Pleasures flowing,
            Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

(Suddenly, a vision appears before all... A white, glowing shape, clothed in the finest linen, a halo surrounding its pudgy brow... Everyone squints with wonder at this sight... It lowers itself down from heaven and stands at the gates of the cathedral. The Pope himself kneels down in wonder, having recognized from iconography the identity of this person...

It is...St. Hernan de Calamari!! The first saint of Spain!
              )

Ifelina, Ifelina, my son,

Look at me. Look at these sucker marks, where the giant squid fought with me. See you them? See that I was a prophet too, but that I saw the truth of Christ revealed, although I did not know. Blessed is he who believes but has not seen. And you, Ifelina, have seen...and you still do not believe. Listen, Ifelina, listen...

Listen to the word of God. To the scriptures. Forsake not the beatitudes, the Gospels, the last words of Christ... Know that you are forgiven.

See there, this man, the Pope of the Church. Guide him, my son. Reform Spain. That is you call. But never forget Christ's truths, or your quest shall end in failure.

(With that, St. Hernan disappears!)
              Empire growing,
              Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Well, at least this "St. Hernan" calls me by my proper title (Ifelina isn't my name, it just means "prophet").

Now people of Spain, I repeat: what good has this "Christianity" brought us?? We have lost our homeland, been shamed before the Moors, and at last brought back into slavery under the Egyptians. Rebel against your slavemasters! Let us first march to Monterrey and overthrow the puppets of the evil Egyptians, then let us cross the sea and liberate our homeland!!

Let us return to Our Lord GOD and overthrow this "Christ" whose sins still haunt us now! Let us return to our Golden Age, before we strayed from Our Lord GOD, before He sent Muhammad to the Moors to turn them against us to punish us!

All who obey the word of Our Lord GOD will be rewarded! They will become Lords of Spain, Lords of all the great cities of old! They will become Lords of the Moors, who will be crushed by the strength of Our Lord GOD, and the Chinese as well. Then we will return to Egypt, not as slaves, but as liberators! We will smite them and pay them back for our enslavement, and we will liberate all those who still remain their slaves! Then at last we will destroy the heathen Carthaginians and their slaves the Persians!

Only then will we be truly free! Only when we have proven our complete loyalty to Our Lord GOD, and He has acknowledged this by rewarding us fully, will we have escaped from the deceptions of "Christ"!

Our Lord GOD has sent me a vision: All the Spaniards who do not return to him within a year will be cursed and doomed to a short, bitter life. The worst of them will be smitten right then! But those who are faithful will then enter Monterrey, and the puppets of Egypt will either bow down to Our Lord GOD or be smitten by His people!

Fegusin anelo ogorebanusin Tifana Anede GUDANA!

IFELINA

Comment

Let him be anathema.

The Pope
                  Empire growing,
                  Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                    Four days and not even a single view??
                    Wow that is a bit depressing.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                    X