Text Color in Civ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Color in Civ2

Alright, dumb question, but can the text color in the game be changed. The grey with shadows doesn't show up well on one of my new backgrounds.

Only by changing those colours in the civ2 palette (in the units.gif). But that will affect all your graphics, obviously, so you'll need to be careful.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Well I meant the actual window titles. And don't you mean the cities.gif for city names? I've never heard of the units.gif having any bearing on text color.

Comment

This is dangerous, talking about something that I haven't played with, but what the heck. No, I don't think Merc is referring to the pixels in cities.gif. Allard talks a little about this topic in The Palette Explained.

Text in the top border of all pop-up boxes is actually the UNITS.GIF's palette 16, with a shadow of palette 0. Some text (like "viewing pieces" on the right) is made of palette number 31 with a shadow -again- of number 0 Most other text is palette 6 with a shadow of palette number 23.
        So swap out the colors that Allard refers to in the Units.gif palette, and you can alter some of the text colors.
        [IMG]file://localhost/C:/GAMES/MPS/Zip/Tips/sl_palet.gif[/IMG]
        If I understand this correctly, Allard's altered those palette entries for this figure. If I don't, you'll be quickly informed otherwise.
        [IMG]file://localhost/C:/GAMES/MPS/Zip/Tips/sl_paley.gif[/IMG]
        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Yep, that's what I meant.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Alright, awesome, it works. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
            X