HOI... feeling nostalgic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOI... feeling nostalgic.

Hello, I own HoI. I played it back when it had perhaps one patch to it. I played one good game, and a few boring ones, and put the game down in short order. I am thinking of installing it again and giving it a go, anyone know if they are still patching it, or if the latest ones do the trick. Basically, should I bother?

There's a new patch coming out soon, probably in the next week or two.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: HOI... feeling nostalgic.

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
      Hello, I own HoI. I played it back when it had perhaps one patch to it. I played one good game, and a few boring ones, and put the game down in short order. I am thinking of installing it again and giving it a go, anyone know if they are still patching it, or if the latest ones do the trick. Basically, should I bother?
      You should. With 1.05c patch and C.O.R.E mod, HOI is a great game (up to 1.03 version, HOI was absolutely unplayable)

The CORE mod is here:

Comment

CORE mod looks good, except I can't paradrop with my transport planes.

Is this a bug?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No, you've to wait untill organization of your transport planes will reach maximum. And after the paradrop their (transport planes's) organization drops to zero. It was done to prevent too frequent using of paratropers, because many players (including me) consider use of paratropers as cheat (AI can't use them).

Comment

well that is stupid... paratroopers helps make the game go faster. It's so dumb waiting for my tanks, or mech infantry to advance.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Maybe so, but paratroops alone should not be able to capture anything the size of a HOI province.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                Maybe so, but paratroops alone should not be able to capture anything the size of a HOI province.
                You're talking to someone who modifies his unit strengths so that he can conquer the world before 1937.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                X