Undecided Game Designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undecided Game Designer

I've got a problem. I've gathered lots of resources from the net for numerous scenario ideas, but I can't do them all at once. I can't decide which to pursue out of four options. Namely, a grand revision of my History of Asia series (both the old scenarios and ideas I was toying around with for them are on this forum), a series of near-future fiction scenarios (I requested custom maps for them, and got the {thanks to Kobra and Mecatore Uno} recently on this forum), one of which is actually for SMAC, but the others are for Civ II MGE, an Early Cold War scenario in the vein of my Late Cold War scenario (also on this forum, notably the 'Review Me' thread), or a series of scenarios based on the History of Africa (my Rwandan-Canadian roomate was great help in the foundations of this one, as were certain great African Graphics on CivFanatics). If anyone can help me decide which I should work on seriously, drop a reply. Please, I need guidance. Your wisdom is appreciated.

Anything on pre-colonial Africa?
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Well Boco, I have some information sources available on that period, though most begin several centuries after the Fall of Rome (at least south of the Sahara), but I'd be happy to build the first part of the scenario around speculation (which is a bit scary). What do you know that could help fill the gap between Olduvai Gorge and the rise of the Malians and Bachwezi.

Comment

i say the early cold war scenario
        > INSERT RANDOM COMMENT HERE<

Comment

I kind of like the Early Cold War scenario idea myself (besides, I think I need way more research for my Asia and Africa scenario sets, and scifi doesn't appear too popular here for some reason). Assuming this, two questions on the early Cold War for anyone who can answer them. First, I read in a military aviation magazine that West Berlin was actually defended by rigged-up Folker-Wolfes with missiles and jet engines for the early part of the Cold War. I've already made the unit and placed two of them there, but now I'm in doubt as I can't find verification of this anywhere. Is this actually true? Second, what Subsaharan African countries, other than Liberia and Ethiopia, were independent in the mid-50's. If I do finish this scenario, I'll also release my revised Late Cold War Scenario (the previous versions, as stated above, are on this forum). The two share many factors, but also sharply differ.

Comment

I heard it was true, although they used only there, and were not very effective.

About Subsharan Africa, no country was truely independent, they were all, more or less still controlled by the colonizing power, even if they had de jure independence.
            Vote Democrat
            Support Democracy

Comment

South Africa (including South West Africa, present-day Namibia) was independent in the 1950's.

Other than that, I believe Libya was independent from Italian rule by the mid-1950's.
              -rmsharpe

Comment

No, not rigged up FWs. It's main guardian was the F-104. Earlier than that, the F-86, the F-80s, the F-84s, and the F/P-51. Say...is there a Mercury capsule unit?
                Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Originally posted by PresidentMarcos
                  No, not rigged up FWs. It's main guardian was the F-104. Earlier than that, the F-86, the F-80s, the F-84s, and the F/P-51. Say...is there a Mercury capsule unit?
                  No, during the late '40s.

And, as far as I know, there were only 10 and they were used mainly to intercept passenger planes which had wandered too far west, and to help the defectors to avoid being shot down flying into the city.
                  Vote Democrat
                  Support Democracy

Comment

I'd completely forgotten about the F-104. Does anyone have a good hi-res graphic for one? And, by the way, can anyone tell me the British standard interceptor at that time?

Comment

Well, I have dug up a good graphic for the F-104G Starfighter, though if anyone knows the principal British interceptor in the Mid-50's, I'd be grateful if you shared your wisdom; that seems to currently be a gap in my knowledge.

Comment

I believe the Meteor, then the Vampire, then the Hawker Hunter comprised the bulk of the British interceptor force in the 1950's.

Comment

Does anyone have a good graphic for a Hawker Hunter or know where one is?

Comment

Working...
                          X