Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mafia XIII - Death is an unlucky number on Friday on the Nile (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia XIII - Death is an unlucky number on Friday on the Nile (part 2)

Scene 13 : The 9th Day

The villagers were down to less than half the former population of the village. Someone was murdering them one by one. Or was there more than one killer on the loose in Apolytown? The villagers had tried to catch those responsible, but a series of misleading clues and secret deals had lead them to beleive they were killing the right suspects, when in fact the nightly murders had never stopped.

Today the villages hoped to change the brutal history of the last 9 days. They were going to kill HongHu, who was suspected by more than half the voters as being a killer.

"You deliberately put hairspray in your hair, then head-butted a torch" declared Doc. "That way you thought noone would blame you"
    "Nonsense" replied Theben, "The killer pushed the crowd so that Guynemer could be killed before he could identify the killer"
    "Before he could identify HongHu, you mean," said the Duke.

"It wasn't me!" declared HongHu, as the villagers took her into the town square.

"Why did you put hairspray on last night then?" asked Felch. "Why?"

Doc started injecting the poison into HongHu's arm.

"You fools, that wasn't hairspray..." whispered HongHu

"What did she say?"
    "Speak up, HongHu!"

"...no shop in the village..." she whispered "... had to use hairoil..."

"Oil?"
    "Where did you get oil?"

"...full of minerals and vitamin D for glossy shiny hair..." whispered HongHu and died.

"Oh crap" said Duke and shot her.
    "What's for dinner?", asked MattH.
    Theben looked at HongHu, "You know what I'm going to say" he said.

Its is now night. Will the killer(s) strike again?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Hmm, I'm just throwing up a possibility here, not voting, but does anyone think it would appeal to Jamski's warped humour to post stories about how a player shot the individual after the village killing each time, when that player was a mafia all along?

Comment

I wish I was. I'd have a lot more to do here. Maybe the turns aren't taking so long as before, but since we have had the weekend break (popular in some quarters , not so in others), then there seem to be loads of people left in the game.
      If I was the mafia, then would I still get clues? I assume so, because then by not posting the clues I would have drawn suspicion upon myself. Yeah, sorry - forgot I asked.

[edit]Also, if I was the mafia, then don't you think I'd have killed someone by now and not be moaning about the game going slowly?

Comment

Scene 14 : The 9th Night

The village had passed away the evening drinking in Skanky's bar and gone to bed in thier houses around the square. ADG moved into the empty buildings next to Mr Baggins cremated tabacconist's shop, as his hut was equally cremated. Even the Duke stayed in the town that night rather than heading back to his empty manor house, renting a room at Skanky's bar.

The night passed peacefully...

Scene 15 : The 10th Morning

As the **** crowed the villagers awoke and headed into the town square, to make sure they were all still alive. MattH was missing.

The villagers looked at each other. If MattH was dead, then at least one of the people standing in the square was a killer. The villagers moved slightly away from each other.

"Let's go and look for him then," suggested Felch.
        "No chance" replied Ghengis, "If I find him, then you'll all suspect me."
        "Then we'll all go together," said GJRamsey
        "Where first?" asked Doc

The villagers went into the small police station that served Apolytown.

MattH laid on the floor, flat on his back. His face was so badly beaten that he was hard to recognise.

Doc tried to lift MattH's head. It wouldn't move.
        "His head's stuck, come and help me."

Felch and Mart gripped MattH by his bead and pulled. The beard ripped away, revealing that MattH was handcuffed to the floor by his neck.

"Strangled and beaten again" observed Theban, "And I suppose we'll find a blunt weapon covered in his blood in a corner"

Doc found a key and releasec MattH, rolling him over.

"Oh God!" exclaimed Mart.
        "Its his police truncheon, and its not in the corner" annouced Doc.
        "The poor man" muttered GJRamsey.

It is now day and the voting may commence

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Code:

mafia

Name Job Status
          01) Zopperoni Butler to DoY alive
          02) HongHu Teacher dead - village
          03) Spaced Cowboy Cattle Rancher alive
          04) Rasputin Priest dead - village
          05) FlameFlash Altar Boy dead - strangled and beaten by the mafia
          06) Frozzy Unemployed Alchoholic dead - village
          07) Jon Miller Librarian dead - village
          08) Tuberski Vet dead - village
          09) MrBaggins Tabacconist dead - burnt alive
          10) Ghengis Farb Amature Landscape Painter alive
          11) GJRamsey Author alive
          12) Theben Butcher alive
          13) Alva Retired Major dead - shot in the rain by the mafia
          14) Vlad Antlerkov Postman alive
          15)CapitanGarlic Greengrocer dead - village
          16) Drogue Stable boy dead - strangled and beaten
          17) Skanky Burns Barkeeper alive
          18) Kassiopeia Reindeer Farmer alive
          19) Spiffor Baker's Apprentice dead - village
          20) Doc Doctor alive
          21) Rah Tavern Owner dead - strangled
          22) MattH Police Constable dead - beaten and strangled by the mafia
          23) Chaunk Golf Caddy dead - killed by the mafia - strangled and beaten with a golf club.
          24) Felch Mechanic alive
          25) Guynemer Fisherman dead - strangled and burnt alive
          26) ADG Fisherman's brother alive
          27) Mart7x5 Carpenter alive
          28) Duke of York Local Landowner alive
          The clues will shortly be enroute.

-Jam

Comment

Another great story Jamski! Except you keep trying to implicate me! Zop's still alive, so I wouldn't have gone back to the manor alone, but you seem to have forgotten his existence, given that he has been busy, and hasn't posted in ages. I'm torn between going for Felch again, or voting for gjramsey.....
            What does anyone think?

Comment

When I said the keys were hidden in the yard, I meant really hidden, as in hidden-so-well-that-anyone-nasty-won't-have-the-time-to-look hidden. Of course, not all have a yard that's quite a lot bigger than their house, so I admit that it's not a good idea in all cases. Hence the neighbour option.

Wouldn't it just be easier for all persons who have access to the house to have a key instead of having a key outside?
              What Doc said - at least my family prefers to disseminate keys around as little as possible. Not that I'm good at losing them or anything, but the risk is always there and should a key get lost, it'll be rather expensive to change all the locks. Hence a two key system.

Not that security is an issue here in the Finnish countryside, the only things getting inside should the door be wide open would be squirrels and various other critters. Shooing them out is a huge PITA though so we just keep the door closed. Oh and of course it's cold out there.
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I got another clue. Oh happy is me! Although seeing as these are pms aren't we violating Apolyton forum rules by posting them?

***Mafia Clue
                Here is a clue
                From me to you
                You can flush it down the loo
                Or share it too

Someone has been weakening the landslide-dam north of the village. After the heavy rains, if this breaks the whole village will be flooded.

-Spam
                Dam sabataoge? Do we have any anti-beaver activists?

Beavers eat fish, who wouldn't want that? If the dam breaks the village becomes a big fishing pond, who would benefit from more fishing grounds?
                Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; March 23, 2004, 08:47.

Comment

hah ha ha suffer you idiot villagers who kill by luck not sense
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Kass, I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you, but no-one cares about your domestic security arrangements!

Nice rhyme Jamski, but the clue is worse than useless.
                    I don't want my beautiful mansion damaged by flood water! I've just had a new carpet put in, at great expense I might add.

Comment

Well, if they'd managed to see all the clues, there would be a VERY obvious trail, Ras. Of course, two of the essential clues never got posted in this thread, and some big fuss has been made from the "red herrings"

I'm enjoying this very much. I'll volunteer to run the next Mafia game too, unless there's a queue to wait in (there's not, is there?)

-Jam

Comment

It has to be one of the newer people. GJRamsey is my pick this round.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Kass, I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you, but no-one cares about your domestic security arrangements!
                          I'm interested. I think I'll start a crime spree in Finland. Just search all the gardens for the key, and then ski away to freedom

-Jam

Comment

No, please run it! This is fun, home security aside.

Maybe less fun for those who have been killed off, but that's mafia for you.
                            Can I ask everyone who has received a clue and kept it to yourselves (not the mafia) to reveal what you have not shared up to now. If you have had a clue and havn't shared it then people might think you're the mafia.

*duke rushes to check who has received, and posted clues in the last thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                              I'm enjoying this very much. I'll volunteer to run the next Mafia game too, unless there's a queue to wait in (there's not, is there?)

-Jam
                              then:

Originally posted by Jamski
                              ....and then ski away to freedom

-Jam
                              and then

Just posted by me
                              No, please run it!

Comment

Working...
                              X