Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific War Map Help

Hello everyone!
    I've been working on a map for a while for a new Pacific War Gigamap scenario. I actually got the map from a new game that is in development by Matrix Games called War In the Pacific. The map had most of the terrain on it so I was able to make the terrain for the most part. However, the map was missing desert and plains terrain, and the mountains and hills were not always in the right spots. I have what is about an 80-90% complete map, but I need the great map makers from here to help me finish it off.

Australia is basically untouched as it was pretty lacking in the map that I used. The other main thing I need is the addition of any rivers I may have left out, and also plains and desert terrain need to be added.

And the map file...
    Attached Files

That map looks very nice... The used map projection makes Australia rather big though. Well, you can't have everything.

I don't think I have the time to edit it though. And changing someone else's map is always a bit tricky...
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercatore Uno
      That map looks very nice... The used map projection makes Australia rather big though. Well, you can't have everything.
      Us Australians can in this instance

That's a great map Pap
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Oh, one thing though, You added a line of ocean below the polar ice cap, but the ocean is at the wrong place. The ice on the original map actually covered a significant portion of Russia, Alaska and Canada. Unless you really want arctic naval bases or something, you should probably close it up again, or otherwise correct the coastline.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X