Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 turns to Theory of Evolution for 6 turns?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 turns to Theory of Evolution for 6 turns?!

My research on Theory of Evolution had been stuck. I have Electricity and Medicine and am in a Golden Age. Moving the research slider doesn't help. It just gets stuck a different number of turns. It's just this tech, too. I switched to Sanitation and got normal progress....

Is this a bug? Is a resource required? In this game I am really, really resource constrained.

The Platform: C3C. v1.2

I'm not sure I understand.

Are you saying that you set the slider and it tells you the research will take 4 turns, but ends up taking 6 turns?

Is your Golden Age ending in the middle of the research?

Are we talking about a full blown GA, or a scientific GA, triggered by the use of a scientific leader? If it's the latter, there IS a bug with that, I think.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The number of turns to completion doesn't change. When I started it is 4 turns to completion. A couple of turns later I noticed the Advisors (domestic and science) still said 4 turns to completion. I moved up the slider to 2 turns to completion. It stayed at 2 turns to completion for a couple more turns. Then I moved the research slider down until I got 6 turns to completion and it remained "stuck" there, too. I changed to a different tech (Sanitation) and got normal progress. Finally, I switched back to Theory of Evolution and got stuck again.

In a nutshell. I can't make any progress on Theory of Evolution. I'm always 'x' turns away.

Thanks for the help. I had just pulling away in the tech race after falling behind for awhile working with a empire with zero strategic resources. I need the techs to stay afloat.

GA = scientific.

Comment

There is definitely a bug with Science GAs. I'm not exactly clear on what it does, but I found that techs were consistently taking 5 turns when I was told (by F1) they would take 4. I would get back-to-back turns of 1 turn remaining. But I would get the tech.

Dunno what is happening in your game.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try again and stay the course. Perhaps it's a reporting bug and/or the GA bonus isn't being applied.

Comment

I recall some strange research problems before 1.15. I saw this a few times, but not since 1.15.

Comment

Actually, I double checked and I am at 1.15. (I wrote the first post from work 1.15 appears to be the latest version, however...

Comment

When you load the game, it show 1.15 on the splash screen?

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Can you post a savegame plz?

see ya
                    bleh

Comment

There have been several reports of SGA being bugged.

Comment

Very strange, I had seen in before the patch. I ran a few games were I had been testing my tool for research and watched how it counted beakers and did not see the problem in those games. I have not noticed since then either.

I guess I will have to keep a closer eye on it, but it is not something that one would fail to note very often.

Did you notice any criteria for seeing it?

Comment

Sweat not.

This is a known bug with C3C 1.15. Don't remember this being mentioned as fixed in 1.20 or not.

Workaround, get out your pocket calculator or run your favorite spreadsheet in parallel and do the math yourself. You know how much TOE costs, should be fairly simple.

PF

Comment

Working...
                          X