The land of Azteca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The land of Azteca

Some thoughts on Azteca, I did a rush scout and got this message, 28gold!

well worht the cost to quickly explore this land, though if there is no competition I would leave the huts well alone untill some swords or horse can be made available.

There are some great settler pump sites here and we should colonise this land ASAP!

This could be the turning point for the Vikings, and a Forbiden palace in the future over here would be a real benefit to our striving nation.
    Attached Files
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

see the pics Paddy posted in this thread

As a compliment to my pic here. This should be a main objective in future senate sessions
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Good points here.

Thanks Chrisius.
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Chrisius is reading my mind about the settler pumps and all Who thinks Tenochtitlan looks like a great FP city?
        But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
        PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by Makahlua
          Chrisius is reading my mind about the settler pumps and all Who thinks Tenochtitlan looks like a great FP city?
          Yeah and what kind of unit is able to take that city?
          The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

I think Tenochtitlan is impossible to take, outside of nuking and then paradropping. We can't build boats on that water because cities can only build boats on coasts that are apart of a larger sea/ocean system.
            Duddha: I will return...
            Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
            "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
            Free California!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddha
              I think Tenochtitlan is impossible to take, outside of nuking and then paradropping.
              Does nuks destroy the city? (Have not used nuks for years).
              The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

no nukes just weakens some of the units in city...

looks like the map maker made that city to last...

i agree build settlers and get them exploring more land and build more citys there...
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

The reason it seems to me as such a prority is I believe that so far no other civs are settled on this lump of land !

We got the city in peace negotiations from Persia right, so they know where it is and will probably be sending over more settlers soon!!

It is without doubt a major stroke of luck for us to have been gifted this lump of land with no other civs settled at this date in the game. The Technotilan situation is briliant to the map designer.

Duddha I think you are correct, as if it were possible to take via a port city then why have the Aztecs not expanded off their island ?

This is a golden opportunity to expand and increase our power base and we must do it soon before Persia and or Egypt butt in

Comment

yes, we are rushing the scout our very next turn.

then we have 5 turns to wait for the population gets to 3...

we can rush a settler soon there after for about 108 gold.

get him into a good location and we are on our way with settler pumps in the new land.
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                      The Technotilan situation is briliant to the map designer.
                      Thank you. Note the nice little fish layout - I spent hours getting that one right
                      Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster

Thank you. Note the nice little fish layout - I spent hours getting that one right

thanks for that
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                          The Technotilan situation is briliant to the map designer.
                          Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
                          I believe the island capital was BFM's idea, but I can't recall exactly as we traded off a ton of ideas and ended up keeping the best ones. As you can tell from the map, we chose a number of interesting starting scenerios for the other civs.

However ... we did expect that the Aztecs would get a clue, build a galley, and get the hell off that island one day. Who knows, may still happen, but the Aztecs were one of our favorite civs to keep track of, especially in the early stages of the game. We made sure to give them enough resources to grow, as BFM points out in the above quote.

--Togas
                          Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                          Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                          Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                          Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Pah. They didn't even learn Map Making yet...
                            Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Originally posted by Togas

I believe the island capital was BFM's idea, but I can't recall exactly as we traded off a ton of ideas and ended up keeping the best ones. As you can tell from the map, we chose a number of interesting starting scenerios for the other civs.

However ... we did expect that the Aztecs would get a clue, build a galley, and get the hell off that island one day. Who knows, may still happen, but the Aztecs were one of our favorite civs to keep track of, especially in the early stages of the game. We made sure to give them enough resources to grow, as BFM points out in the above quote.

--Togas
                              i beleive the AI is set not to build boats in citys that are on lakes, thereby wasting resources, the AI is not celver enough to relaise that it is never going to get off idland without a bout..
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                              X