Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to Colonization Two

Hi, there:

We folks in Taiwan are looking eagerly forward to Sid Meyer's Colonization Two! Any update on that???

You and many others here Joseph. doesn't look like its even being considered at this point, unless there was some news I haven't caught. Sid (or his company) is too busy making Pirates! 2 and Civ4, each of which are well on their way along in the process. Sorry. I would love to see a Colonization 2 as well.

Comment

It's not even in the works.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Colonization 2 is a want for many people, but I resigned myself to waiting indefinitely years ago. :\
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'd much rather see MoM2 than Col2.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I second that. Civ4 should at least be moddable into MoM2. The general game concepts are remarkably similar.
            The sons of the prophet were valiant and bold,
            And quite unaccustomed to fear,
            But the bravest of all is the one that I'm told,
            Is named Abdul Abulbul Amir

Comment

My ideal Civ4 would be very close to a MoM2 indeed. The combat spells might be replaced by "Unit upgrade techs" and "Unit tactics orders" that were reserched during the game.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I've often wondered whether it might not be worth having an option for 2 or more parrallel tech trees for mods.

Each tech type might require different resources. "light bulbs" could be siphoned off from trade, as well as the usual building multipliers and scientists. "mana crystals" might require population ("mage" speciaists give an extra boost), and certain buildinsg act as a multiplier. A variant of this might even be used to separate out oncept techs (such as communism or democracy) from more physical science techs.

Comment

I don't know for certain, but I think that PopTop games might own the rights to Colonization 2... I know that they own the rights to Railroad Tycoon... and are making Railroad Tycoon 3 right now...
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

You're right about PopTop doing RT3:

but I have a vague recollection that the rights to the 'Colonization' title reverted to Firaxis as a result of some deal that they did with Infogrames/Atari.

Comment

i for one can't understand why they wouldn't want to make another version of this game. Its loved by many strat players, is often reminiced about fondly and to be honest had some great concepts to it.

The only problem was it was too easy, but that can be fixed of course
                      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

MoM?
                        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

MoM - master of magic. A civ style game of the same generation as civ 1. Abandonware. I know it can be dowbloaded for free from various sites, but I have no idea as to the legality of such downloads.

Some of the ideas in it were extremely good and way ahead of its time.

Comment

Working...
                          X