Mod limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod limitations

There are a few things I would like to do with the editor (or by any means really), and I was wondering if you guys could help me.

1) Adjust Rail Road movement. It would be nice if I could set it to a bonus other then infinite.

2) Adjust the attack value for certain types of units against certain types of terrain. (E.g. give Armor a penalty if it attacks a city.)

3) Adjust attack and defense values against certain types of units. What happened to the Pike-man vs. Knight modifier?

Is any of this possible? If so, how?

Regards,

Alech
    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Rails are hardcoded.

Comment

Okay, that sucks. How about the other stuff?
      "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Hi Akaoz!

On point one; Rail Road movement. There are a few threads addressing this, or should I say 'bemoaning' this. That is a hint.
        However, if building a scenario, you can place 'barriers' about on the rail-lines outside of the city culture auras to enforce stops.

On point two; A city is not terrain, however you can universally hamper tiles by setting the 'Defense Bonus' to a negative number, such as -20. This makes it bad for any unit caught in such a tile (desert for example). This is universal and not particular to a unit. Any unit attacked while in such a tile gets dinged minus 20% on their defense. I use this, I think it is nice.

On point three; no. The modifiers available are universal and located on the Units Tab of the Rules Editor.

I have no idea about messing with the programming underneath the 'Game Editor'. If someone does please step forward!

Sincerely.
        The Graveyard Keeper
        Of Creation Forum
        If I can't answer you don't worry
        I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Hmmmm... No way of forcing an attacker to assault cities and forests with infantry, and no way to make anti-tank units that are better vs armor then against soft targets.

Not much space for a war-sim here is there.

Comment

The short answer appears to be, nope.

The long answer is as sure as spoting a 'pink elephant'.
            The Graveyard Keeper
            Of Creation Forum
            If I can't answer you don't worry
            I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Working...
            X