CMC: Chairman Resigns, M.Y. 2159

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMC: Chairman Resigns, M.Y. 2159

Fellow Comrades, based on events during M.Y. 2159 the jurisdiction of the Central Military Committee is non-existent. The Central Military Committee has effectively been proven practically redundant.

The underlying issue:
    The Central Military Committee advised that no University units were engaged during M.Y. 2159. This was in accordance to Foreman buster's main invasion plans. We faced no unforseen events that were to disrupt these original plans--nor did we encounter anything requiring urgent attention (e.g. a breach in homeland defenses, etc.).
    However, University units were engaged and the invasion was launched during M.Y. 2159.

I shall not elaborate on the status of the Hive/Drone invasion plans and I shall not comment on our current military disposition--be it better or worse than initially intended. The point is that the Central Military Committe has not been able to manage and coordinate sound long- and short-term military planning. The result is a state of military anarchy. I cannot oversee our military disposition under such conditions.

I shall hereby resign as Chairman of the Central Military Committee, effective immediately.

Comrade Rubin
    Ex-Chairman of the Central Military Committee

Comrade Rubin,

I'm sorry that events have led up to this. While I can only represent myself, I wish that things can be amended.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

While I was and remain all in favor of attacking that colony pod in M.Y. 2159, I had pretty much the same reaction as Comrade Rubin to the decision to attack University units without consulting Foreman Buster about the change of plans and seeking a joint approval of any changed military plan. Oh well.

We're stuck with what took place now, so we're just going to have to make the best of it.

Given that, I greatly hope that Comrade Rubin can continue to provide military advice to the Hive. The Hive, if I may be so forward as to say so, is in GREAT need of his advice.

That said, I can certainly understand his frustration if he feels that his advice is falling on deaf ears.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Dammit.

Is it too late to replay the turn with a different player?

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I would like to PM the gods regarding this. Comrade Mead has put a lot of effort into this turn. And as Comrade Rubin said, it may be better or worse than the original plan. However, Comrade Mead has not followed the orders of his superior.

We have not posted the turn in the public thread yet. I would ask for a ruling that another player can replay the turn according to the orders.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

God Tass's PM box is full. I have sent the PM to GooglieGod. I will try tass some time later.

Here's the message:

GooglieGod,

It turns out that Comrade Mead, in being the first time turn player, has misused his power entrusted by the Hive people. He has not followed the order of his superior, nor has he followed the democratic opinions of all the active players and went his own way. Comrade Mead has put in a lot of effort into the turn and the turn he played may be better or worse than the original orders. However, his action obviously violated the principle of a democratic game, that is the turn should be played as a result reflecting the team's decision.

I ask you to rule on this matter. Nobody else in the Hive I believe has seen the turn Comrade Mead played. We ask your permission that another player can replay the turn. Thank you for your consideration.

This PM is sent to both god Googlie and god tass.

HongHu

p.s. Is it possible for you to remove the thread Kody posted or move it to the internal forum? I had talked to Kody about Mead not following orders and I believe he posted that thread mistakenly because of the chaos.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I would like to ask Comrade Rubin reconsider his resignation. This is the first time Comrade Mead acting as the turn player. The situation in game is very complicated. In concentrating on playing the turn, Comrade Mead may not have been aware that Chairman Voltaire has appointed you to chair the CMC.

The Hive has not been having an effective government structure for a long time. To make things work all of us need to make a lot more efforts. I would like to ask both Comrade Rubin and Comrade Mead not to give up. No matter what the gods decide, it will not be the end of the world. We can still play this game as a team.

This last turn we didn't have enough time since Rubin's appointment was about the same time as when we got the turn. We didn't have sufficient time to straighten out how things should work. But we will have more time till the next turn. Please, I plead to all of you, let's do not give up.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Comrade HongHu, my resignation is a formal matter. It is a clear misunderstanding if anyone believes this to be a personal matter involving Comrade Mead and myself. I apologize if my resignation suggests so. (Additional reference.)

I'll assume citizen advisory status.

And, Comrade Arnelos, I am not disappointed nor frustrated that my suggestions were not adhered to. I simply realized that the Central Military Committee was redundant. There is nothing more to it.

Comrade Rubin

Comment

I understand that it is not a personal matter Comrade Rubin. All I wanted to say is that CMC is not and should not be redundant. And the turn player needs to follow the team's decision. However since the government structure is new, glitches in how this works might happen and I ask all of us to be tolerate of this and do not disband this government structure just yet.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

i hope as im posting now mater is alredy solved and rubin is back with ....
                    "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

Working...
                    X