MOI office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOI office

Howdy. I live U.S. eastern time. Same as poly time usually. (GMT - 4 IIRC) I work mon to sat, with at least a half day on sat and usually a full day. I have evenings and sundays available usually. I teach class on wednesday nights, so that is usually out also.

One point I have had trouble with is that as I do not get the oportunity to check poly every day, I would like to have a set schedule for the staff meetings as well as the chats/game turns. I missed the last one completely, sorry. As I know I have limited time of availability, I would like to do something - to have you email me the save (to my work addey as well as my home addey) so I know it is available (I only log on at home when I know I have something to log on for, thus why I ask for both addies).

When I get the save, within 48 hours of knowing I have it I will analyize the save, do work force adjustments and set build queues, and post orders for the next 5 turns along with the recently modified save in a new thread.

I would not wish to hold the game up to only the five turns I have prepared orders for, so I will gladly allow you, Mr. Prez, along with any and all members of the cabinet, to use your executive authority to determine any adjustments that are to be made if I am absent. I think I will make this an open letter, so the people know what I am thinking and planning on doing.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

good ideas ... more polls for the pres to put up ...
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I finaly got a save prior to you guys playing ahead of me... good. I will set up some orders. Sorry I have not been around much to help like I wanted to.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Wow, been a long time since I did this. Sorry if it is rusty and hard to make out what my intentions are. Bear with me and ask questions. Thanks. Your internal administrative secretary (minister of the interior – city planner – domestic guy – whatever). I cannot find my old spreadsheets, so I will do this one in text for now and slowly convert things over.

Some reminders (mostly for myself):
        We are in Monarchy
        Deity level game
        Year is 470
        I am using keypad directions as I do not know if people here are using the nice work force chart that E_T made. Will someone please let me know.

New Asgard
        Currently producing a market. Complete in 3 turns. Adjust work force 2 turns from now so as to no longer work hill, but tile #8. This will save a couple of shields and give us an extra food. After market, start producing archers (for future upgrade and for MP use now).

Valhalla:
        Currently producing market. Good, we need more of these. Complete in 3 turns. Adjust work force in two turns to take advantage of the new mine at #8. Once done, build spears. This will waste one shield per turn, but will free up offensive units that are currently being used as MP.

Thor’s Hammer:
        Sell its barracks. It isn’t using it and is costing us 1gpt that we need for other uses. I know we will have to rebuild it, but it is cheep enough that I am not concerned. Adjust the worker from #7 to #6 (remember, I am using the keypad directions), so we gain 2 shields. That will cut the build time down to about 10 turns.

Ring of Vikings:
        At 10 shields per turn, great. Next turn, when the aquaduct is complete, switch to spears. Once all cities on this island have 3 spears in them as MP, switch to market.

Spanish are greedy:
        No work force adjustments until aquaduct is 1 turn from completion. Then, switch the desert mine to the ocean (gain 1 food and gold that turn). Next build is harbor. Sell the barracks now (we need lots more gold to do the upgrades we have coming soon). Adjust work force back to desert mine after the one turn, and then switch to ocean once harbor is built.

Bifrost:
        Switch immediately to settler production. I would like to borrow a galley and sent him out west ASAP, along with one of our local workers. The Aztec will not mind sharing their pitiful island with our glorious selves, and a worker is desparately needed out there. Keep producing settlers unit we are down to size 4, then pop out a temple. The new cities will help our financial and production in the long run rather than loosing out on a size 7 city and the extra units it supports will for now.

Fields of gold
        Switch immediately from the unworked tile on the other island to the mined desert. Once the courthouse is built, start on a temple. Sell the barracks immediately. Set the new pop working on the wheat on the other island that is currently being worked by Raiding Base (post courthouse that is).

Raiding Base:
        After the temple is built, switch to spearman, or, if our Blood Letter Supreme requests, switch to an offensive unit.

Birka:
        No change. Set the new pop (in 5 turns) as a science dude. Go back and adjust New Asgard’s extra scientist as is most appropriate.

Build more Boats:
        After temple (should be shortly with the wood chop) switch to spears.

Beowolf:
        Prime candidate for a gold rush of the temple. If approved by our president (when less than 100 gold to purchase the temple) I will need to get a worker there ASAP (borrow a boat please) so that we can connect the silks. Also, next build will be a harbor of course. If I am borrowing a boat, see what we can do to ship over 3 spears also so we can send our armies into the battle lines, not the MP lines.

BigFuzzyCity:
        Change the build to a courthouse. Otherwise, we will be wasting lots of shield with the current forest chop. Or, as that is such a long build in an area that is very hostile to us, a sword will be acceptable, then the courthouse.

Palace of Ice and Snow:
        Switch immediately to a worker. Then switch to either a harbor or a settler.

Kalgoorlie:
        Switch that worker to our NE to chop down the forrest. Only way without cash to get that temple up reasonably fast.

Larvik:
        Don’t worry about keeping the masses happy. These masses are so corrupt, who cares for now. Switch to a temple now, and go ahead and take the swords away.

Thor was here:
        Screw the horse – switch immediately to a harbor. Start on a courthouse or aquaduct.

Togas Town
        No change

Paddy Borg:
        Switch to a worker. Remember, food is not corruptible, so use that to our advantage. A large enough force of workers can build and chop wood so as to make these little corrupt havens into semi productive villages. The cost of the workers is often offset in the later stages of the game by being large.

Where it was Mister
        Nice spear. Once complete, switch to a worker, then a settler. People power, it is all we have here my friend.

Well, those are our 19 cities. Good thing we are small enough still that I can redo the spreadsheets I had and that E_T also made, and get us going nicely. Of course, as this is deity, they would have to have been adjusted anyways.

Oh, worker, well, gave some pointers above. Just keep using them like you have been and we will be good.

Soon we will have to start on our FP.

Godking. Domestic dude.

Comment

Thank You GodKing

This Is Much Needed
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

FP in citys out west ????

Comment

In Field of Gold we sold the barracks... can you let me in on the secret of why?

Thanks
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

he wanted more gold i think , and wanted to save to costs of maintaining the barrakcs,

Comment

In cities that are not expected to produce military units, we can do much better financially if we do not have to pay the 1gpt upkeep on a barracks. Particularly on our main island where we have the ability to do unit upgrades in other cities and move the units around so as to keep our armies current with the times.

We are already paying huge amounts of gold in maintaining our armed forces. Every bit helps. So, in later stages of the game, we will probably rebuild the barracks (yes, they probably shouldn't have been built in the first place, but so be it). However, it is best to wait the 60+ turns for now until that time comes, if ever. We are far smarter than the AI, so we can easily manage upgrading and defending our lands by proper unit management.

Comment

hmmm smarer hey, is that why we so far behind tech wise and struglging to make any inroads agaisnt the spanish ,,,

Comment

I said smarter, but unfortunately we could use a lot more organization to put those smarts to use.

Comment

yes organisation paddy.... where ar eyou ?? we need to get techs asap...... falling behind tech wise is coslty and it is getting worse... i still cannot beleive that we are attempting to maximise income not science ???

Comment

Deity game Rasputin. Science is next to impossible. Your typically lucky to get 2 techs before the AI per age. And 2 is pushing it. It is cheaper to buy them with the AI advantages, or, what I did in every deity game that I have won is beat the crap out of them until they cough it up. Best way to win is to kill them all off, one at a time. that is what we have to do.

No, our minimal science and maximum on money is by far the right course of action. We will win this game with iron and gold, not by reading a lot (although we might enjoy a hustler mag every now and then, viking beserkers that we are )

Comment

still dont see how our swords men a re going to defeat many musketeers and heaven forbid when the AI updates to riflemen ,....

can someone please explain how we are meant to do this.....

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
                              Deity game Rasputin. Science is next to impossible. Your typically lucky to get 2 techs before the AI per age. And 2 is pushing it
                              we hav efailed to get any techs before the AI !!!! and the cost the AI askign for thier techs if they offer is beyond our costings.

Comment

Working...
                              X