Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry’s hypocrisy

Kerry’s hypocrisy

WASHINGTON (AP) - John Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee-in-waiting, challenged the Bush administration Saturday to reimburse the families of U.S. troops "who had to buy the body armor" needed for protection in Iraq.
    "If I am president, I will be prepared to use military force to protect our security, our people and our vital interests," the Massachusetts senator said in the Democrats' weekly radio address.
    "But I will never send our troops into harm's way without enough firepower and support."

This is the same man who voted against almost every significant weapons system proposed over the last thirty years. I am seriously angry by the blatant and unconscionable electioneering. While I toyed with the idea of supporting a Democrat due to Bush’s seeming indifference to the plight of the common man, I see no point in supporting Kerry. We can not count on a man who would lie so openly in the public face, Bush may be unconcerned, Kerry is openly contemptuous of our ability to reason for ourselves.
    Last edited by Capt Dizle; March 6, 2004, 15:08.

Yet another American unsatisfied with the either/or option.

Vote 3rd party/fringe. Won't elect your candidate but you can feel better about your choice.

Neither the Dems or Reps own your vote.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

This is the same man who voted against almost every significant weapons system proposed over the last thirty years.

Cite?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's been mentioned several times in the media, for what that's worth. I'm not going to bother finding a source for it though.

Comment

Well, voting against SDI, at the least isn't that bad, because many believe it won't work. So you can give him a pass for that.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Running For Senate In 1984, Kerry Called For Cancellation Of At Least 27 Weapons Systems And Reductions In 18 Other Systems. “[Kerry] recommended cancellation of 27 weapons systems including the B1 bomber, the cruise missile, MX missile, Trident submarine, Patriot air defense missile, F15 fighter plane, Sparrow missile, stealth bomber and Pershing II missile. He recommended reductions in 18 other systems including the joint tactical air system, the Bradley fighting vehicle, the M1 Abrams tank and the F16 fighter plane.”

Comment

Kerry Voted Against At Least Eleven Military Pay Increases

As Senator, Kerry Also Pushed To Cut Intelligence Funding By More Than $2.58 Billion

Comment

Kerry voting record against everything military is so extensive it brings to mind the line, was it Stalin's?, One death is a tragedy, one million a footnote.

In Kerry's case, his record is so mind numbing as to numb the mind.

Comment

Jimmytrick, you're being silly. Giving enough firepower to your men doesn't mean you need to back SDI and ICBM programs. Existing technology, which costs much less, is sufficient.

There are many armies with much less budget than the American who would have given body armour to their soldiers.
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                    Jimmytrick, you're being silly. Giving enough firepower to your men doesn't mean you need to back SDI and ICBM programs. Existing technology, which costs much less, is sufficient.

There are many armies with much less budget than the American who would have given body armour to their soldiers.
                    And you accuse me of being silly. This hasn't anything to do with SDI or ICBM systems. And your comment, insinuating that our military was intentionlly ill armed, would be enough to get your nose bloodied if you uttered it in my presence or in the presence of the vast majority of Americans.

Comment

I suspect you really aren't as undecided as you claim Jimmy.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick

And you accuse me of being silly. This hasn't anything to do with SDI or ICBM systems. And your comment, insinuating that our military was intentionlly ill armed, would be enough to get your nose bloodied if you uttered it in my presence or in the presence of the vast majority of Americans.
                        Are you a paralogician or a sophist?

First you need to specify which programs he voted against. I doubt things like body armour and choice of guns get down to the Congress, or the Senate, or any political power. The decision is made by the military authorities.

So, I insinuated that your military has been voluntarily ill armed? Well, I don't see what's wrong, especially given that someone, somewhere, makes a decision about what weapons will be used, and that perfectly fits into my definition of 'voluntary'.

Comment

Not only has Kerry not supported SDI, he has also not supported most of the major weapons systems that are used today such as the F-16 and has consistently tried to slash defense and intelligence funding.

Irman:

Check this out for a record of the votes that John Kerry has made:

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Fine. Does that mean he wouldn't have given friggin BODY ARMOURS to his men?

BTW I love the Republican arguments:

"Kerry is against the death penalty"

"Kerry is an extreme environmentalist".

Comment

Thanks for that link Shi. It is obvious that "rnc.org" is only a parody organization trying to play real Republicans as incompetent extremists. Without your link to their mock summary of John Kerry, I might have believed them to be the real GOP in the future.
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                              X