Problem when viewing files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem when viewing files

When I try to view my files Poly claims it is empty, it shows just like it is empty. However links to this files work, so I think they are not deleted. This is with new upload service. But I can prefectly view older files. Is there a problem with new files being stored in different location?
    And yes, this has never occured to me before, since I was able to view them (new files) before.

When I tried to link one of my recently uploaded files it didnt work. But I can put links to "nonexistant files " for which I know they are there.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Do you use any adblocking software?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

No.

Here is the "invisible and unexisting" photo for example.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Had the same thing a couple of days ago when a ZIP showed up without a ZIP extension, however the person who posted it, tried again later with a RAR file and that one worked perfectly.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The Zip file post :

The RAR file post :

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

FWIW, that invisible and unexisting picture you attached above doesn't exist for me either.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yes, it's quite invisible.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Maybe he was trying for a block with the word 'image' on it.

Comment

Re: Problem when viewing files

Originally posted by obstructor
                  When I try to view my files Poly claims it is empty, it shows just like it is empty. However links to this files work, so I think they are not deleted.
                  i'm not sure what you mean by "links to the files work"
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Older files that I uploaded there, but Poly shows like they there are not here. Bit when I put an image link to file for which I know I uploaded there before, Image works. It still doesnt show on list files. However all files I upload after I discovered this problem do not work no matter what I try (like photo up there).

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Maybe he was trying for a block with the word 'image' on it.
                      As I said I use NO ADD BLOCKING SOFTWARE! You should read posts carefully. Ahem.

Comment

Bit when I put an image link to file for which I know I uploaded there before, Image works.

these are your files
                        Code:
                        32386 Feb 25 14:05 36427_brogpoll.jpg
                        26505 Feb 21 14:23 36427_IraquiInfromation.jpg
                        23974 Feb 25 15:02 36427_nakedGeo.jpg
                        16192 Feb 25 15:12 36427_ss.jpg
                        78395 Feb 24 16:01 36427_Tassadarwork1.jpg
                        what do you see when you try to view your files?

if you get nothing, you might solve the problem by enabling the "Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)" option http://apolyton.net/forums/member.ph...on=editoptions
                        Last edited by MarkG; March 7, 2004, 04:12.
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I use that already. When I try to view my files it shows me nothing even as I know they worked fine before.

Anyway this still doesn`t explain why others cant see my newly uploaded files. Anyway, as I see from this list, one file that I uploaded is not here! If this is not in my files then where did I upload it? It is named borg-symbol.jpg I think! These are all files form time I could upload and work with this files normally. Seems to me that Poly uploads my files somewhere else.

Comment

BTW, he's not the only one with this problem. It seems that graphics which have been uploaded recently (I'm assuming since the new version of the Upload service), do not display, but appear as a link to the file (in my case). Attachments work fine, but multiple images embedded within a single post are ruled out. Embedded images work fine when they're hosted by an outside server; the problem only exists for files uploaded here. I have no problem viewing the files within the Upload section.
                            Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor

As I said I use NO ADD BLOCKING SOFTWARE! You should read posts carefully. Ahem.
                              I guess so should you since I most definitely did not say or imply that.

Comment

Working...
                              X