No announcement yet.

Hp > 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, they also had that stupid "battle of the sexes" thing, and that wasn't best of anything at all. And I think we can all agree that "Civ-Life" sucked, whether we believe in evolution or not. The best of the net was just the worst of that CD. 'Course, the first modded scenario I ever played was Harlan's LotR, so I'm a bit spoiled.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Battle of the Sexes. That's one I haven't thought of in a long time.

How on Earth did that manage to get in! The scary thing is that wasn't the worst!

I'm gonna have to stick up for Civ-Life though. I kind of enjoyed it.
      STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Well, I finally found a use for a cumulative frequency graph
        Calling all Designers, the SL CivGroup is open for business!

Comment

Civ-life? The graphics sucked, there was no real continuity (build cities with beavers or bacteria, those cities then build nukes?), and it basically failed to represent evolution at all. Or are tumors products of successful evolution? How was it fun?
          1011 1100

Comment

In the context of the other "best of the net" scenarios bundled with it, it was good fun. No, it wasn't that accurate a representation of evolution, but it did enough (for me anyway) to pass.

Keep in mind that for the first few years I had Civ2, I didn't have access to the internet. I made do with what I had.

Needless to say when I finally did get online, things changed. Those "best of the net" folders haven't been touched in years.

GoPostal, you found a use for what now?

Comment

Ah, I see. And I'm curious as too what a cumulative frequency graph is...
              1011 1100

Comment

Ah, I see. And I'm also curious as to what a cumulative frequency graph is...
                1011 1100

Comment

Just for you, I will post it here. Also, I just got back from training, learned a lot, and the British Navy will be substantially better.

Comment

I think that large hit points are useful in certain cases when you want a unit to be pretty much indestructible but to still take down things that attack it, rather than be unassailable.

In one Civ2 scen I was working on, I put barbarian trade units called "stars" in a starfield. That way, if anybody was foolish enough to fly their Star Destroyer too close to a star, it would get destroyed by the heat and graviational forces.

In the odd chance that somebody managed to destroy a star, they would get a stern note of reprimand via the events editor.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

And why didn't you recreate the unit via event, Alinestra ?

And although I don't understand some limits of Civ2 (the value of 12 for HP is somewhat irrational as a limit - or better say, it isn't tipical), I don't see why anyone would like to have more than 12 HP.
                      Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Because that would have destroyed the feeling of achievement at actually destroying a star, with the use of a Star Destroyer.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I see... that reminds me about that sci-fi book I readed... Solaris... there was related to Start Destroyer. Was the scen related to that book?
                          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

"Start Destroyer"=Starship Procrastination?
                            1011 1100

Comment

OK, well, as promised, here is what I did in relation to Cumulative Frequency. It allows you to graduate real number (ie cost in millions) over a smaller scale (ie HP 12), in proportion to standard deviation. If you didn't get that (I hardly did), don't worry.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Alright, downloaded it and took a look. I don't get it at all.

Could you supply an explanation for those of us that are statistically challenged?

Comment

Working...
                                X