PTW or C3C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW or C3C?

This game was created for PTW, and we are playing it PTW.

Yet it has been mentioned a few times that we should upgrade it to C3C.

Please note that this poll will not change the game from PTW, but it will allow people to get their opinions aired, and their votes countered.

I hope that you vote for the value of the game style... not just because you may not like switching between the different expansions.
    PTW - as it is now
    53.33%
    C3C
    40.00%
    Vote 3, Vote the Banana
    6.67%
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Definitely PtW

The map makers have designed the game as PtW and we should stay at PtW. If there is big interest for C3C we should complete this one ASAP and we could start a new one.
    But I doubt this will happen.

Comment

I'm actually unsure about the changes this would make.... we would get the different worker turns-to-perform-actions, (have checked this before), but I do not know if SGLs appear, nor do I know whether Armies will have the new advantages or whether new techs and units appear.

The one real reason to be cautious of this is the more expensive upgrades introduced with C3C. That could really hurt our hopes of upgrading Archers to Berzerks in the future.

Any other changes?
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I have not found any lists on changes that these upgrades make.

Although three of the PBEM's that I am in have gone through the process... yet these games are still 500 to 1000 years from the times of this great Viking civilization. So it is hard to see any major differences as we may if we upgraded this game.
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

But, but...... when we DO get to Invention, if we are C3C, it should mean they cost to upgrade is 50% greater than before! With an upgrade cost of IIRC 100, this means 150 gold just for one Archer - Berzerk! Or does this not happen with conversions? Can someone check? Otherwise I'll do it when I get hom on the 3rd.
          Consul.

Comment

I don't quite understand the reason why we should want to change.
            Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Last edited by Paddy; February 26, 2004, 10:53.
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Upgrade costs do change. so ya, we would not just go broke, we go bankrupt upgrading.

Almost everything does change, including worker action times and AI aggressiveness. AI is far more agressive in Conquests.

I say stick with PtW, or, start the game over with BFM and Togas doing an updated map (rice and wacky tobackie and so forth).
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Keep it PtW. After all, the game and the map were designed around PtW; besides, there's no imminent need to change right away.

Comment

Assuming we'd patch to C3C 1.15 Beta:

Hum, the min reserach time would increase from 40 turns to 50 turns in C3C.

Anarchy between govts would increase by 1 turn.

Corruption would change to the C3C model, but without any adjustments in OCN map / OCN level that were made between PTW and C3C. This would especally affect FP. We would not get Police Men nor Enginers and Tax Men / Scientists values wouldn't change.

Traights would stay the same, but we'd get the C3C affects. (Industrious would yeild 50% bonsus.) Forest chopping turns wouldn't change though (part of .bi* file.)

Tech tree wouldn't change nor would Communist govt be able to build SPHQ. We wouldn't get the two new govts.

Plus the C3C CD includes the option to start up as a PTW.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Oh, are all these things you have tested or heard testing result from, jon? I assume they are, as you're pretty clued up in the posts of yours I've seen, but I have to be sure....

I have admittedly been guessing at the changes with upgrading to C3C from a PtW game.
                      Consul.

Comment

lets stiock to ptwe till this world is done
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I collected what I heard in fragmented faction from those who have posted on this site and others changing from PTW to C3C mid game.

I've also thoroughly looked at the editor options to determine what things can be moded and what is built in.

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                          Oh, are all these things you have tested or heard testing result from, jon? I assume they are, as you're pretty clued up in the posts of yours I've seen, but I have to be sure....

I have admittedly been guessing at the changes with upgrading to C3C from a PtW game.
                          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                          Templar Science Minister
                          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                          X