No announcement yet.

Belle Epoque -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What governments are what in this, though?

Is communism still in the communism slot, or is it in fundamentalism, monarchy, etc? Can you give a rundown on what government is what?
    -rmsharpe

Comment

Governments:

General Strike - Anarchy
      Autocracy - Despotism
      Traditional Monarchy - Monarchy
      Communist State - Communism
      Fascism - Fundamentalism
      Limited Democracy - The Republic
      Multiparty Democracy - Democracy

Britain, Germany, France and the US start off with Limited Democracy. Russia, the Ottomans and Japan with Traditional Monarchy. Then scen goes from January 1902 to around 1920-ish.

I havn't yet decided if Communism should be in the Fundamentalism slot, and vica verca, yet. And I havn't decided how the Russian revolution should be represented...
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

How about for the beta, do both, and have people report back to you what seems to work?
        -rmsharpe

Comment

I'll post the beta tomorrow, or later today (this evening for me that is)

Comment

Behold! Here comes the beta for my latest scenario; 'La Belle Epoque'.

Please give me some feedback, whatever it might be...and please identify yourself when downloading

La Belle Epoque
            Last edited by Eivind IV; March 14, 2004, 21:56.

Comment

"After the Franco-German war in 1870/71, Europe enjoyed a period of interior peace for more than forty years until the start of the First World War in 1914. During this period, many important developments took place, especially in England, France, Austria, Germany and the United States. The second wave of the industrial revolution seized the world. Above all it concerned the chemical industry and the electrical engineering, it was the start of the era of the combustion engine and the mass production of steel, the machines became more efficient and more powerful, the ships bigger and their construction less expensive, the propulsion changed from the paddle to the screw, from the piston to the turbine, and their speed doubled. The trains got steel rails on which longer and heavier trains could drive one and a half times as fast as before; therefore it became the most important mean of transport. At the same time began the definite conquest of the air: The first planes were built, and the airships of Zeppelin went down in history. People living in this period were materially confident and culturally optimistic. All social classes were seized by the feeling of a new start into better times. So began, on this basis, the time which nowadays not only the French call the 'La Belle Epoque' (The beutiful time)."
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Eivind IV; March 14, 2004, 22:02.

Comment

Based on some comments at CDG, here's the first beta update.
                Attached Files

Comment

I must say that is the most realistic terrain I've seen yet.

Comment

Looks really nice Eivind
                    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

It certainly looks wonderful
                      but having such a small map really makes war a bit too much of a fantasy, since all the cities are near each other... the europa universalis feel isnt easy to create with civ2

Comment

I haven't dled it yet, but the printscreen is simply beautiful!
                        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Very beautiful, though like varwnos said, it's crowded. Are all those cities really necessary?
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

If you open the game you'll see that Europe is the only place on the map were it's a bit crowded. This is were most of the production is, so in my opinion it is necessary. Glad you all like it! I don't care so much for the looks myself, what about playability?

Comment

Second beta update:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Eivind IV; March 15, 2004, 19:53.

Comment

Eivind, just downloaded the scenario and it looks nice One thing, do me a favour and use these for the Ottomans; the WW1 uniform is the khaki one, while before 1909 they had worn blue in winter/ white in summer. BTW, the German steel helmet I was referring to before was the later WW1 version, not the spiked helmet. Most Turks wore the Enverieh hat shown on the second figure.

One thing about the unit names: 'British conscripts' sounds a little incongruous as conscription wasn't introduced until well into WW1 in Britain.
                                Attached Files
                                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Working...
                                X