Length of Government Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Length of Government Service

I have read some interesting discussions on this subject, and still there seems to be no consensus to what is the term of each Parliament.

As we head into the Elections for the Term V Government let us revist this issue.

So I have ranged this poll across the spectrum.

5 weeks
    11.11%
    6 weeks
    55.56%
    7 weeks
    0.00%
    8 weeks
    11.11%
    Until the people riot, or the Senate dissolves
    22.22%

The poll is expired.

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

To date the terms have been a month, although once or twice in recent history terms spilt over to a few weeks more, and I believe I was President of a dead Cabinet for perhaps two months once.

How about a month, but set ourselves a minimum number of play sessions? If those sessions are not attained within the month then the term is extended another 2 weeks or so until they ARE. In the past a real-time length of time (eg a month) worked because play was fairly consistent, but we want every term to have a fair impact on the game, which means a certain minimum of GAMEtime. You can be a Minister for a year nut that means nothing if you play 0 turns. With the sporadic play of late, I would suggest 6 turnchats of turnthreads of play - an average of 1.2-1.5 per week over the course of a month. If it takes 6 weeks to manage this number of play sessions then why not allow that?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Until the people riot, or the Senate dissolves
      lol reminds me of the time Uber tried to overthrow the government in a attempted coup/revolution.

I think 8 weeks might be kind of long, but any of the other options seem fine. It is kind of pointless having elections when so few participate.
      Duddha: I will return...
      Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
      "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
      Free California!

Comment

How about a month, but set ourselves a minimum number of play sessions? If those sessions are not attained within the month then the term is extended another 2 weeks or so until they ARE. In the past a real-time length of time (eg a month) worked because play was fairly consistent, but we want every term to have a fair impact on the game, which means a certain minimum of GAMEtime. You can be a Minister for a year nut that means nothing if you play 0 turns. With the sporadic play of late, I would suggest 6 turnchats of turnthreads of play - an average of 1.2-1.5 per week over the course of a month. If it takes 6 weeks to manage this number of play sessions then why not allow that?
        Duddha: I will return...
        Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
        "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
        Free California!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
          To date the terms have been a month, although once or twice in recent history terms spilt over to a few weeks more, and I believe I was President of a dead Cabinet for perhaps two months once.

I understand what you are saying, yet I hope that we are moving along here.

My vote is for 5 weeks Which rounds up months to clean weeks.
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

I have voted for 6 weeks
            if we have one chat per week in the weekends this means 6 live chats

Comment

surely there is more opinion and votes available than this...

even from our Grand Lurking Senate than this...
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

I like 6 weeks; the 1 month terms always seemed a little too short to me.

Comment

Very well, 6 it shall be!
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                  X