No announcement yet.

VP Candidate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you think about the coming war with Persia?

Comment

A sad necceity, but must be done if we are to survive let alone thrive. But I morn for the good men we will lose and only hope we can deal worse to persia.
      Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
      Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
      President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

The coming war with Persia is anything but a sad necessity, it is our Destiny! It is our destiny to spread Viking civilizations into all the lands currently occupied by the heathen barbarian Persians. History, luck, and Providence has given us this great task. Those that fall in the coming war should not be morned but celebrated, for they have awnsered to the highest calling, sacrificing their own lives in the greatest endevour of History.

Inorder to fufill our destiny we must build an army atleast close to twice the size of our current force because we must be prepared to fight a second enemy who may choose to ally with persia. Protecting our shores from invasion, we will expand not only into the colonies but also the heartland of Persia. The task of assimilating Persia into Viking civilization may take more than one war but we must be prepared in the first to begin marking our claim to all the Persian lands.
        Duddha: I will return...
        Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
        "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
        Free California!

Comment

Duddha, are you sure you don't want to be Supreme Military Commander?

Comment

Yes, you sound like you'd do so much better as a general than someone who does what others say such as umm.... a V.P.
            Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
            President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Yes, you sound like you'd do so much better as a general than someone who does what others say such as umm.... a V.P.
              I would never dare to try and fill the shoes of great Jonny the Conqueror or Ormuzd the Wise. A public elected figure should have opinions on matters of war, it is their duty. However, you will notice my statement said very little, if nothing about logistics, tactics, or specific strategies, for decision making in that realm lies specificly with the SMC. As a Neo-Hawk, I take great pride in discussing matters of warmaking, and you should expect no less from me as VP. On the flip side, if a peacenik Nimitz is elected, we will have a VP that abondons our brave boys in uniform; averts his vision as if they never existed, and spits on their patriotism. NO. This can not be so. VOTE DUDDHA!
              Last edited by Duddha; February 27, 2004, 05:35.
              "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
              Free California!

Comment

I am enjoying the debate...

Here, have a beer or three each
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

When are you going to start up a debate thread for the Presidancy!
                  Free California!

Comment

Yes, I am interested in that myself... it should be soon
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddha

I would never dare to try and fill the shoes of great Jonny the Conqueror or Ormuzd the Wise. A public elected figure should have opinions on matters of war, it is their duty. However, you will notice my statement said very little, if nothing about logistics, tactics, or specific strategies, for decision making in that realm lies specificly with the SMC. As a Neo-Hawk, I take great pride in discussing matters of warmaking, and you should expect no less from me as VP. On the flip side, if a peacenik Nimitz is elected, we will have a VP that abondons our brave boys in uniform; averts his vision as if they never existed, and spits on their patriotism. NO. This can not be so. VOTE DUDDHA!
                      You do know Jonny is one of us "peacenik" builders.

And in reasponce to what you said, yes I may not like having to go to war but I know that some times it is a neccecity and when it is I will pursue it to completion and will never abandon our troops. Futher I would pursue to the fullest the complete destruction of any who would dare start a war with us. You on the other hand seen to pursue war with an unending lust and would lead us blindly into one war after another, even if it would be foolhearty and lead to great hurts to us. A nation can not be lead in this way, so if you wish wise and carefull choosing of our wars to lead us to greatness, VOTE NIMITZ making the future bright for Apolyton!!!

Comment

this debate is the most interesting I have ever seen and the elections are still not started

Comment

Thats Democracy for you we had these type thing happenning during most elections in the first game.

But if you want more ask questions of us.

Comment

which of you will supply the best beers and wines for the aqfter election parties////
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

which of you will supply the best beers and wines for the aqfter election parties////
                              I'll supply Guiness, the best beer ever made.
                              Free California!

Comment

Do you think that you are a team player?
                                Last edited by Paddy; March 1, 2004, 22:51.
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X