Civ III Democracy Game – Term V Nominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ III Democracy Game – Term V Nominations

In preparation for the Elections of the Term V Government we need to have people nominate for the various positions.

Thank you Ormuzd for getting this on the table.

The Nominations are now open, and we will be releasing the date for elections shortly.

Those who are nominated, you are welcome to use this thread for any Campaigning speach you may have.
    Alternatively, please do not hesitate to start a new thread and Campaign away.

Nominations

President
    The President and TurnPlayer for our glorious Democracy Game.

Paddy

Rasputin

Vice President
    The VP will act as President at times the President can't play in a TurnChat / Senate session.

Nimitz

Duddha

Supreme Military Commander
    This Minister must have the ability to coordinate the our mighty Armed Forces, and be able to beat the crap out of any that gets in their way.

Jonny - for his third consecutive term

Foreign Minister
    This Minister is responsible for setting the policy of how we deal with our unworthy neighbours, and for providing information on them and on any possible trades.

Ormuzd - for his third consecutive term

Minister of Interior
    This Minister must have the ability to coordinate the workers, settlers and worked tiles of all our cities to best supply our 'Zerkers with all they need to excel at home and overseas.

Imperial Expansion Minister (if requested, otherwise subsumed with Domestic Minister)

and to quote a former President of our lands:

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
    Play has been very slow when we have had turnchats recently, and that is because EVERYTHING has to have been discussed in chat before carrying out. This is difficult, and play would be much sped up if the Ministers (or even a concerned citizen) spent a little time examining the save and planning for the next 5-6 turns. Then, if the orders/ideas are posted ahead of any chat, they can be discussed and refined, meaning that everything can go much more smoothly in the chat. Unseen circumstances can always crop up, but there are always predictable elements to plan ahead for eg workers.

At this early stage, we have little enough that it would not take too long to plan a few steps ahead. I have done this in some cases, but the President cannot cover FAM, military, Domestic Matters and colonisation alone. We need Ministers/posting citizens able to spend a scant hour or two per week planning, posting and responding to posts. You don't even need to be in the chat if the orders are there!

This is the perfect time, before all the others come rushing back from holidays - act now and grab yourself some of the fun. You might just learn something about Civ too
    Last edited by Paddy; February 26, 2004, 20:20.
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

This is easy. Paddy for President!

I just do not have the time this game really needs at this point. I will be happy to hlep out though in another form.

Comment

I am annoucing my intention to run for V.P. The DIA will rise again
      [crowd cheers] ........DIA......................DIA.............. .................DIA.............................. ......DIA......... [/crowd cheers]
      Thank you.
      Last edited by Nimitz; February 22, 2004, 00:35.
      Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
      Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
      President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

I hereby announce my intention to run for the office of SMC once again, for a 3rd term.

Comment

and I promote myself for FAM (also 3rd conseciutive term)

The things just started getting interesting.

Comment

I announce my campaign for the Vice-Presidancy on a Neo-Hawk platform.

I hope all former Hawks, ARE sympathizers, and Ugh-Ook-Acks will support me in my quest to destroy the latest reorganization of DIA. Glory to Apolyton!
            Duddha: I will return...
            Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
            "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
            Free California!

Comment

The nominations have been updated.

Congratulaions to Jonny and Ormuzd for placing their Axes on the table for the current round of Nominations. I find it great that they have both chosen to stay on for their 3rd consecutive terms.

Welcome to two old campaigners, Nimitz and Duddha. Both battling it out for the Vice President positions. It is with hope that I look forward to their campaign speeches, and politicking.

Thank you for the nomination Big Free. I am happy to accept this nomination, and am looking forward to the elections...
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

Thank you for the nomination Big Free. I am happy to accept this nomination, and am looking forward to the elections...
                You are very welcome. Your enthuasim for the game seems to be catching on to others. The SPDG lloks to be heading back to it's glory days!

I also want to thank you for the help you've given me. You've done so much. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz
                  I am annoucing my intention to run for V.P. The DIA will rise again
                  [crowd cheers] ........DIA......................DIA.............. .................DIA.............................. ......DIA......... [/crowd cheers]
                  Thank you.
                  Uh oh!

Good to see the nominations racking up! Let me just point out that at this stage, all an IE Minister would need to do is decide on some good city locations, poll on them, and then we would have a few things decided for when we next have free settlers! It's that easy, and this will help us a LOT If you want to do something that will take very little time/effort at all, go for it.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddha
                    I announce my campaign for the Vice-Presidancy on a Neo-Hawk platform.

I hope all former Hawks, ARE sympathizers, and Ugh-Ook-Acks will support me in my quest to destroy the latest reorganization of DIA. Glory to Apolyton!
                    Noone supports you, you eat babies. But seriously I wish you the best of luck in the election against me.
                    Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                    Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                    President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Noone supports you, you eat babies. But seriously I wish you the best of luck in the election against me.
                      And the best of luck to you, DIA pigdog.
                      "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                      Free California!

Comment

ain't love grand...
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

so, do we have elections when there is only one nomination for a position...?

Looking to close the Nominations on Sunday 29 February, having run 7 days.

Then run the Elections for 7 days.

I believe that 7 days allows plenty of time for all parties to look the nominations over, and for voteing.
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Nomination

Sorry for my abscence from forums guys, have had a few problems with my computer with thwe monitor finally dying a few days ago.

I hereby nominate for President....

I beleive we must move on and take this world , we can no longer be happy with our lowly position in the world..

Vote 1 Raz

And dont beleive all the lies and inuendoes, I did not have sexual relationships with that woman.,.....
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

two races.
                              Free California!

Comment

Working...
                              X