X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
    REAGAN!!!
    NOOOOOO!!!!

Anyway, Grant is certainly an important person in US history. Hamilton and Franklyn are on money, and neither of them were presidents.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

important

if the criteria is historical importance, I think FDR should replace Grant. Lincoln already represents that part of US history.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

What? No Taft, McKinley, Coolidge, or Ford?
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Re: important

Originally posted by pchang
          if the criteria is historical importance, I think FDR should replace Grant. Lincoln already represents that part of US history.
          FDR is already on the dime.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

He wasn't so bad. He held the country together at a time when it could have easily fallen back into Civil War.

Read this: Grant's Presidency Reconsidered

Comment

I think William Henry Harrison (ninth President of the United States) sould be on the $50

Comment

Keep Grant, but give something to Truman!!!

...maybe the Penny, Abe already has the five, not to mention a great big sculpture on Mt. Rushmore, and the Lincoln memorial, and...

...well that's all that I can think of right now

Comment

I thought you meant 50 billion dollar bill

Jon MIller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Who was $1000 bill (not longer printed since the 1930s)
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                      Grover Cleveland

Comment

All bill denominations:

$1 - Washington
                        $2 - Jefferson
                        $5 - Lincoln
                        $10 - Hamilton
                        $20 - Jackson
                        $50 - Grant
                        $100 - Franklin
                        $500 McKinley
                        $1000 - Cleveland
                        $5000 - Madison
                        $10000 - Chase (SC justice)
                        $100000 - Wilson

From memory! Wee, nerdism!
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                          Woodrow Wilson was on the 100,000 bill - Series 1934 US Gold Certificates, which were authorized only for use between the Treasury and the Federal Reserve.

The large denomination bills for general circulation which went out of issue in the 1930s had the following people on them:

500 - William McKinley
                          1,000 - Grover Cleveland
                          5,000 - James Madison
                          10,000 - Salmon P. Chase
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

X post - but Chase wasn't on the bill because of his position on SCOTUS. He was ol' Abe's first Treasury Secretary, and between his signing off all those permits to trade with the enemy for generous patrons and buddies, he was responsible for moving the US to a standard paper currency system, as well as setting regular treasury bonds and a bond marketing system (again dominated by political patrons and robber barons, but you can't have everything. )
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

They have bills above $20? Why haven't I ever seen them?!
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Re: Re: important

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

FDR is already on the dime.
                                And washington is "already' on the quarter, Lincoln on the penny, Jefferson on the nickel...

They should get rid on the penny, IF (huge IF) Reagan ever gets on money, put him on the dime (at most), if they get rid of grant, replace him with FDR, and move Kennedy of our money, freeing up the fifty cent piece.
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X