No announcement yet.

Why is Grant on the $50 bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not called the War of Northern Agression -- it's the War of Southern Stupidity.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
      It's not called the War of Northern Agression -- it's the War of Southern Stupidity.
      It's called the War of northern aggression down here...and that is what it was.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

nah -- it was the War of Southern Stupidity

Comment

The US should change the guy on the bills every so often. Keeps things fresh.

Also, please, get some new colours and sizes. :beg:
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

nah -- it was the War of Southern Stupidity
            Only because we lost...only because we lost.

But, The South Shall Rise Again!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

What is The League of the South?
              by Dr Michael Hill - LS President
              The League of the South founded in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in June 1994, seeks to advance the cultural, social, economic, and political well-being and independence of the Southern people by all honorable means.

Recognising that cultural regeneration must precede political regeneration, our initial goal is to give form and direction to "The Community of the Southern People." Only when we begin to rediscover who we are as a people can we save our civilization. The people of the South must come to understand that they indeed are a "nation" in the organic, historical sense of the word. As individuals and communities, we must secede culturally from a world that is waging cultural genocide against our traditions, our heritage and our values. If we do this, and in the process revitalize our culture, then perhaps we will be able to successfully pursue a political course toward independence and freedom. Once The League of the South has made "The Community of the Southern People" a reality, then we can pursue our political objectives: a return to constitutional republicanism and true federalism, or if that should prove unattainable, secession.

Secession, or self-determination, is the ultimate right of free men; and in the spirit of our Founding and Confederate forefathers, we shall, if necessary, invoke that principle once again. Should The South choose a course of political self-determination, it will not be alone. All around the world we see devolutionist political movements in places like the former Soviet Union, Eastern Europe, Quebec and Scotland. The devolution of multi-national unions is a world-wide trend that emerged during the late-1980's and which continues to gather momentum in the 1990's. The League of the South is on the cutting edge of this exciting cultural and political phenomenon. As a response to the tyranny of the centralized state and its attendant enormities, it is, we believe, the most prudent of courses.

The League of the South extends an offer of cooperation to all peoples and groups in America and the world who share our general outlook, values, and principles and who wish to defend the remnant of Western civilization.

Dr. Michael Hill
              President, The League of the South

Comment

I guess if you want to label Cold Harbor as a tactical mistake you can call Grant a great general. The only competent thing Grant accomplished in that fight was finding enemy postions of sufficient strength to slaughter his own troops.

Comment

Grant's virtues included an excellant grasp of the nature of contemporary warfare and the willingness to use the lives of others to achieve his goals. Grant (and Lincoln as well) was a numbers man. He recognized that the North had more men and armanents and therefore relentlessly pursued a very simple and utimately irresistable strategy. Force as many bloody exchanges as possible. You might label him as workmanlike, like a butcher who darn well produces meat on the table, but its a large leap of imagination to consider him more than a hack. Politics, which requires a more deft touch, was clearly beyond his abilities.

Comment

I think they should put Apolytoners on US bills. Surely we're more deserving of recognition that any ol' dead politicians?

(BTW, the Gaygun has to die before he gets on any bills. I vote he gets on the phone bill.)
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

As for Reagan being put on a bill or coin, I believe Nancy ixnayed that.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                        What is The League of the South?
                        by Dr Michael Hill - LS President

Recognising that cultural regeneration must precede political regeneration, our initial goal is to give form and direction to "The Community of the Southern People." Only when we begin to rediscover who we are as a people can we save our civilization. The people of the South must come to understand that they indeed are a "nation" in the organic, historical sense of the word. As individuals and communities, we must secede culturally from a world that is waging cultural genocide against our traditions, our heritage and our values. If we do this, and in the process revitalize our culture, then perhaps we will be able to successfully pursue a political course toward independence and freedom. Once The League of the South has made "The Community of the Southern People" a reality, then we can pursue our political objectives: a return to constitutional republicanism and true federalism, or if that should prove unattainable, preservation of slavery.

Preservation of slavery is the ultimate right of free men; and in the spirit of our Founding and Confederate forefathers, we shall, if necessary, invoke that principle once again. Should The South choose a course of political preservation of slavery, it will not be alone. All around the world we see devolutionist political movements in places like the former Soviet Union, Eastern Europe, Quebec and Scotland. The devolution of multi-national unions is a world-wide trend that emerged during the late-1980's and which continues to gather momentum in the 1990's. The League of the South is on the cutting edge of this exciting cultural and political phenomenon. As a response to the tyranny of the centralized state and its attendant enormities, it is, we believe, the most prudent of courses.

The League of the South extends an offer of cooperation to all peoples and groups in America and the world who share our general outlook, values, and principles and who wish to defend the remnant of Western civilization.

Dr. Michael Hill
                        President, The League of the South

I corrected the typos that were in the original article you provided, Plato.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dizle
                          Grant's virtues included an excellant grasp of the nature of contemporary warfare and the willingness to use the lives of others to achieve his goals. Grant (and Lincoln as well) was a numbers man. He recognized that the North had more men and armanents and therefore relentlessly pursued a very simple and utimately irresistable strategy. Force as many bloody exchanges as possible. You might label him as workmanlike, like a butcher who darn well produces meat on the table, but its a large leap of imagination to consider him more than a hack. Politics, which requires a more deft touch, was clearly beyond his abilities.

Like I'm going to take a neo-Confederate's opinion of a Union general seriously.

Comment

Like I'm going to take a neo-Confederate's opinion of a Union general seriously.
                            Sorry to bore you but if I took the time to present a detailed report of his actions and battles it would support my conclusions. In my opinion. If I were MTG I could rattle all of that off by memory. Sorry for my mental limitations Fun guy.

Comment

Also, IMO, Grant was one of the best generals during the Civil War.
                              Grant was pretty much the best the Union had, which makes him about 20th in the ranking of "Best Generals of the Civil War". Sure he won a lot, but the fool could not keep body count low.
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

it reminds the south that, no matter how much money you make, you still got your asses handed to you by a drunkard northerner.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X