No announcement yet.

Blitzkrieg 1936 - R E L E A S E D !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitzkrieg 1936 - R E L E A S E D !!!!

"Adolf Hitler became Chancellor of Germany in 1933. Under his leadership the country developed into a ruthlessly aggressive totalitarian state. All forms of democratic government and political opposition were soon swept away. By coercion, repression and propaganda, the Nazi Party began to control German life. The Nazis pledged first to restore Germany to its 'rightful' place in Europe, and then to seek world power. The Blitzkrieg era has begun..."

In October 1936 Italy's Mussolini made an alliance with Germany's Adolf Hitler. Ethiopian trade concessions were extended to Germany (Ethiopia had been conquered by Italy in May). They also declared common policies towards Spain, the Danubian countries, the Soviet Union, and the League of Nations. Mussolini called the new alliance the "Rome Berlin Axis".

Hey guys! After four months of playtesting I decided that it is about time to make a finished version of this on as I doubt much more will be changed.

NOTE: This is designed for multiplayer/PBEM in mind.

Can you avoid ww2?

The civs in chronological order:
    * Soviet Union
    * Imperial Japan
    * Axis
    * French
    * Americans
    * British Commonwealth
    * Chinese (AI)

THE FILES - BLITZKRIEG 1936 - FILE UPDATED WITH SP VERSION (update of the update)!

Last edited by Eivind IV; March 10, 2004, 02:18.
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

This civ makes a good case for Hi-res units!

I like it!
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm glad you like it, but the type of graphics shouldn't matter imho . Any comments to the game in general?

Comment

Downloading.

[PS: Eivind is the coolest guy in the world ]

Comment

...and here we have yet another all-wolrd ww2 scenario that is made specifically for PBEMs. Ok, let's go on to number 3562 please...

Comment

Name one besides this (and 2196 giga)? And this isn't all-ww2. The thing here is to try and avoid ww2.

If there's a marked for a SP version I might do one.
            Last edited by Eivind IV; February 20, 2004, 12:44.

Comment

Yes, there are still a lot of SP people out there, we just don't post as much. I hope you will do a single player version.

Comment

This plays fine in SP.
                Vote Democrat
                Support Democracy

Comment

Ok, I'll do an SP version then . The biggest problem with playing this version in SP is that the AI launches many stupid unnecessary attacks on neutral (barbarian) cities, when they really should focus on how to deal with other civs. An the AI 'cheats' by having bombers on carriers and such. In the MP version there are house rules to avoid such things. Here for instance only fighters and dive bombers are allowed on carriers.

Expect the SP version within a week .

Comment

It is good the way it is. The AI cheating lets it pose a slight challenge to a human. And, with SP, WWII is inevitable.
                    Vote Democrat
                    Support Democracy

Comment

Kobra, can I upload it to the Spanish Site?
                      "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                      "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                      The Spanish Civilization Site
                      "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Sure thing! Could you wait until I include an SP version? I'll let you know when it's finished .

Comment

Glad to hear that SP is on the way, great art work btw. How will you do the events to make avoiding war a viable alternative, if thats possible?

Comment

I guess that's impossible.

Comment

Sure thing! Could you wait until I include an SP version? I'll let you know when it's finished
                              Of course. I'll be waiting for it
                              "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                              "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                              The Spanish Civilization Site
                              "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Working...
                              X