No announcement yet.

Econ/Def/Immigration Minister Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I warned you already, that Eilat had no defenses.

And the newly bought units will probably be on 'maneouvres' as soon as they are purchased, ie, en route to their new locations.

I will probably be taking charge of the fighter and use it personally to destroy enemy air units as well as undertake reconaissance missions into enemy territory.

Comment

Sirian troops are closing up on Metullah, and Israel needs the city fortifications to be rushbuyed!
      "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

send those tanks to me to crush the arabs !!!!
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Could the Moderator please change the title of this Thread to Econ and Defense Minister?

Might as well add immigration as well.
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

OK long turn

In general if a ciyt was producing AA and had none it remained an AA.

City's producing Machine guns were switched to Palmach

Tekmuh and Beth Shian were switched from City Defenses to palmach. They both already had City Defenses.

Cities producing city defenses (and did not already have them) continued to produce city defenses.

Im building a destroyer in Haifa for now, if you want something different let me know but that can be useful covering the immigrants from Cyprus and also to cover the northern front a El suggested.

A boatload of immigrants headed due south from cyprus. The gunboat is Forted so it heals in Haifa. So we should get immigrants soon I hope.

In yemen, I did not do this yet but in order to build a city and airport we need one immigrants disbanded plus 220 gold or three immigrants and 20 gold.

Its up to you guys whether we want to do this or not to fly the immigrants into Israel. I tried but could not fly them out of the airport in Yemen.

Right now the transport from Yemen is two turns movement from yemen to Eliat. I unloaded the Irgun and immigrants onshore in the desert in case the ship gets sunk. Has anyone ever seen any ships in this area when playing this scenario before ?

If there are ships in the area and our transport is sunk then we have to build the airport. I can move the irgun and immigrants back via land. It will take some time but I can build bypass roads around the barbarian guards with the irgun.

Ill let Arthedain figure out rush buys.

But all of our cities right now are very early in the production cycle. So for the next few turns the only thing we are going to get out of cities is a rush buy.

If any front commanders want something different built in one of there cities, make a reccomendation to the COS and then he can make the decision and let me know.

Thats it in a nutshell. Sorry about the delay I have been quite busy lately.
            Last edited by conmcb25; March 14, 2004, 12:00.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I don't think I have the power to change the name of the thread.
              David Disraeli
              Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

I like the idea of airlifting our immigrants in from the Hedjaz, could we try the same from Cyprus?

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
                  I like the idea of airlifting our immigrants in from the Hedjaz, could we try the same from Cyprus?
                  Again it will take a lot of resources to do that.

Build a city means one less irgun

and it takes three immigrants and 20 gold

or one immigrant and 220 gold.

To build the airport, and you cannot airlift from the airfeilds, I tried it.

The choice is ours but I dont feel thats my decision alone to make.

I guess one question I have is do we continue to get immigrants in both spots via events? If so then the city build and airport make more sense over the long run.

I haven't played this scenario this far yet so i dont really know.

Comment

Where is Hedjaz?

Is that what Im calling Yemen? The immigrants way down south?

Comment

Where is Hedjaz?

Is that what Im calling Yemen? The immigrants way down south?
                      I think the Hedjaz is the Saudi Arabian desert in general, especially the one lying on the Red Sea. I think the Saudi peninsula's interior is often referred to as the Hedjaz.

BTW, can't Kibutznicks found cities? I think we had some kibbutznicks in our Yemenite/Hedjazi immigrants.

Comment

I think the Hedjaz is the Saudi Arabian desert in general, especially the one lying on the Red Sea. I think the Saudi peninsula's interior is often referred to as the Hedjaz.

BTW, can't Kibutznicks found cities? I think we had some kibbutznicks in our Yemenite/Hedjazi immigrants.
                        Yes we have kibbutzniks in Yemen. I was erroneously calling them irguns, and yes they can found cities, I did it after the turn to see if it was possible and also disbanded the immigrants in the city to see how much it would take to build the airport. So its already simulated out.

I would build the city a tad bit north of the airport to take advantage of that horse in the sesert sheild bonus.

I have a plan we just need to decide if thats what the group wants to do i

Im going to call it yemen because of that part of the "Exodus" book where they fly up the Yemeni Jews with that Crazy American pilot. Do you remember that

Do we continue to get a stream if immigrants from both spots? Do you remember?

Comment

OK I played this out a little bit

We also need to build an airport SOMEWHERE in Israel, duh.

Currently there isn't one.

And IF we do we can still be intercepted by enemy fighters.

So with that being said, it obviously adds more info to the question.

I gotta go, and I wont be around much until tuesday evening or wednesday.

Im going on a short trip.

Please talk about this while Im gone.

Comment

OK after this then Im gone, it looks like we get Zion Workers, Kibutzniks, and Immigrants every turn or every other turn in Yemen and Cyprus.

The immingants every turn, the other two every other turn.

I think

Comment

Latest turn:

Rushbuys:
                              Ahsdod - City Defences
                              Metullah - City Defences
                              MishmarYarden - Palmach
                              Tel Aviv- AA
                              Jaffa - WW1 Artillery
                              Eilat - City Defences

Didn't rushbuy more because I didn't get any more requests AFAIK.

Bought from abroad:
                              * 2 T-34's
                              * 1 Spitfire

Thus leaving 1215 gold in treasury. We now get 151 gold every turn and an advance every 6 turn.

And please rename the thread!
                              "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                              It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

I couldn't find Exodus on the bookcase. I searched and searched but to no avail.

Comment

Working...
                                X