C:CTP and CTP2 beta features in CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C:CTP and CTP2 beta features in CTP2

I have many many ideas on features for CTP2, alot of which i have already posted long ago on the Mods section, but im holding myself back before i suggest them again so that the foundation of CTP2 can be worked on first.

Ill start with C:CTP features that for watever reason where not included in CTP2 (broken/changed etc)

Firstly, deep ocean could not been seen from the start of the game in C:CTP, it required an advance before you could see it (lets just say its sonar or something like that).This was oddly not the case in CTP2 and ridiculously in times BC you already have the ability to see too the deepest parts of the ocean and see deep see crevasses and volcanos. Can this be re-implemented?
    Also i think you SHOULD be able to move triremes and other early vessels into deep ocean but with a large % chance that they will sink (say 80 to 85% chance or something, possibly more or less chance depending on the vessel/distance travelled)

Also there was a terrain type in C:CTP, deep ocean cracks that where generated in much the same way as the crevasses (think thats what they are called) in C:CTP/CTP2. Although they where in CTP1 they where not in CTP2, i think these should be re-implemented, however the graphics will have to be modifyed as the CTP1 deep ocean graphics look different to the CTP2 ones (i think Big Mc may have already done this for a deep ocean mod he was working on but im not sure)

Secondly i think there should be an option to use (the un-used) .DLL which alters the generation of maps, so that there are rings of different climates (like shown in C:CTP beta screenies)

From what ive heard, choosing colour and flat maps have already been sorted which is great stuff ) have diplomatic photos been implemented on the diplomacy chatting screen like shown in CTP2 beta screenies ?

I could stray off into the realms of space/space cities and the CTP2 diplomacy shown in the beta screenshots, but ill save that till another time :P

EDIT: Changed title and made the following additions

- City styles, currently there is a limit as to how many different city styles are allowed in the game, well of course now that we have the source code i think this limit should be removed. This would allow not only the current city styles mod to be introduced into ctp2 as standard, but also use some of the removed styles that where in Ctp1 (this includes the CTP1 style underwater cites, genetic and diamond + the unused 6th (or last) city design for all CTP1 cities where they grow gigantic (there is a big sheet Locotus posted a while back displaying them all, although he incorrectly had the last city designs named as alien :S although i think he was later aware of the mistake.

- there are some quite vital units missing from CTP2 which are hard to work out why they arent there. This is only early days but i do think that the most relevant units should be re-introduced (ironclad, legions etc)

-barbarians, to terrorist transition, ive posted this idea somewhere else but its basically that (although terrorists often opt for a less direct and blunt attack but maybe more for theiving and bombing) -very vague-

-trading system imo should be much more like the Civ3 system, however before we get to that stage i think there should be some smaller adjustments even if its just the addition of a wider variety of goods and removal of quite strange goods like "Giant Squid" :|

currently everything im posting is just touching upon each idea, as i dont feel i should go into any great depth before the concepts are even introduced or introduced at all for that matter
    Last edited by SMIFFGIG; February 22, 2004, 17:42.
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Re: C:CTP and CTP2 beta features in CTP2

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
    *SNIP*
    Firstly, deep ocean could not been seen from the start of the game in C:CTP, it required an advance before you could see it (lets just say its sonar or something like that).This was oddly not the case in CTP2 and ridiculously in times BC you already have the ability to see too the deepest parts of the ocean and see deep see crevasses and volcanos. Can this be re-implemented?
    Based on my currentunderstanding of the graphics system, probably.

Also i think you SHOULD be able to move triremes and other early vessels into deep ocean but with a large % chance that they will sink (say 80 to 85% chance or something, possibly more or less chance depending on the vessel/distance travelled)
    Sure we could, but we need a poll about it, first, with a a more complete explanation.

*SNIP*
    Secondly i think there should be an option to use (the un-used) .DLL which alters the generation of maps, so that there are rings of different climates (like shown in C:CTP beta screenies)
    *SNIP*
    Map Generation is a serious design concern, that could be done much, much better. I think we should consider coming up with a new, more realistic, and more usable (so game settings are really useful) map generator. That means figuring out "what is realistic", and coming up with a full design. We can use the existing mapping code for ideas for a jumping off point.

Comment

Re: Re: C:CTP and CTP2 beta features in CTP2

Originally posted by MrBaggins
      Based on my currentunderstanding of the graphics system, probably.
      good

Sure we could, but we need a poll about it, first, with a a more complete explanation.
      Yeah i agree, i only touched on the idea, i dont mind going into more detail

Map Generation is a serious design concern, that could be done much, much better. I think we should consider coming up with a new, more realistic, and more usable (so game settings are really useful) map generator. That means figuring out "what is realistic", and coming up with a full design. We can use the existing mapping code for ideas for a jumping off point.
      wow, if it can be done, then that idea is 100 times better
      Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Re: Re: Re: C:CTP and CTP2 beta features in CTP2

wow, if it can be done, then that idea is 100 times better
        Well anythings possible within reason... the tricky bit is working out HOW to do things. I know there are some people floating about that have plenty of knowledge about geologic and climatic forces, and how that might effect a generated world.

Comment

Is there any thread about it? (Map Generation) Can't remember having seen one?

Comment

Re: C:CTP and CTP2 beta features in CTP2

Also there was a terrain type in C:CTP, deep ocean cracks that where generated in much the same way as the crevasses (think thats what they are called) in C:CTP/CTP2. Although they where in CTP1 they where not in CTP2, i think these should be re-implemented, however the graphics will have to be modifyed as the CTP1 deep ocean graphics look different to the CTP2 ones (i think Big Mc may have already done this for a deep ocean mod he was working on but im not sure)

-SMIFFGIG
            Well what can I say but yes I fixed almost every underwater bug in CTP 2.

The tile however you are on about cannot be made to work again I got it to fully function horizontally but could never get it to work vertically acticrap never put in the vertical tile so never got it to work.

I also made a new terrain to represent patches of really deep water which also blended in to the ctp2 sea floor

its all ready to put into tile edit and run
            "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
            The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
            Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

From what ive heard, choosing colour and flat maps have already been sorted which is great stuff ) have diplomatic photos been implemented on the diplomacy chatting screen like shown in CTP2 beta screenies ?
              I added the flat map and the Neptune map, there are buggy in the last playtest version maybe Fromafar sorted this out. Diplomacy pictures are mow in as intended, but actual I don't like the design of the Diplomanager anyway, so what we have now is not the final version. For the color choosing stuff, we have now the interface but so far it does nothing.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

dumb question but what’s a Neptune map
                "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

When will I ever learn

It was the corners I could not do. I could stop it but I needed the corners

Comment

i made the rift work perfect.

i had to add one new tile and 25 new tile rules but i got the thing to work. I added the mod to the apolyton tile file and you can download my version here I will update this soon and e-mail pedrun the modification.

gtset555.zip

gtset565.zip

Comment

u got any screenies big mc
                      Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

big mc shakes fist

I will see what I can do

Comment

ok try doing this with an un-moded version

Comment

big MC:

Only as a suggestions: What about filling the crackles with some lava?

Comment

That’s a different terrain “lava rift” I already got a prototype for it. After I do the bug fixing I will ad underwater mountains, “lava rifts” and reeeeeeeeeeely deep water.

But thanks for the suggestion any more are welcome .

I am just having problems with the continently shelf you know where on ctp1 you could make one tile brakes in the shelf to make a hollow.

Comment

Working...
                              X