Goverment Organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goverment Organization

Theirs been a bit of debate latly about the creation of new goverment positions. We have more people and more responsibilites as of latly and I think new positions would be very helpfull.

First off the Department of Inteligence would be a fine addition to our faction. This department would be tasked with analizing past saves to determine the actions of factions we are Pacted with. Along with creating Maps and predictiong enemy tec advances uing the Minute Mirrage Mod3 Tec sheet. This Department would put out report when ever it wishes rather then once a turn.

Second, spliting the External Affairs department into a Militayr and Diplomatic Core is an obvious move. We can expect to we in and out of war for most of the rest of the game so this will greatly reduce the burden on the External Affairs function.

The Editor and Chief of the Digital Data Download is another new postion which seems to be under the defacto control of Obstructor. I suspect no one realy has a propblem with making this a perminent position as I highly doubt anyone would run against or defeat Obstructor in an election for this position.

Conserning Univerity and its affairs, should all the Internal affairs of Uni fall under the single Cycon IAF and its externals falling under the likwise Cycon EAF?

Also can we have the duties of the Second fucntion clarified?
    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

for Intelligence Department.
    for Military Department.
    We should ask Uni members about their opinion too.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
      for Intelligence Department.
      for Military Department.
      We should ask Uni members about their opinion too.
      We do . They can read this anytime.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

What if they do not read it
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

What if they do not read it
          Well, we're all CPU members, so it doensn't really matter. Anyone can make proposals or objections anytime, hey, one might promote himself of the IAF post of the PUT.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Minute Mirrage Mod3 Tec sheet.

Where is this, exactly?
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

A formula that tells you what choices you can research next. It works on a Modulo3 basis, and was created by Minute Mirage.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Ok, to put thing in proper order on screen:
                How do people feel over this organogram:

Prime Function: plays PUT and CC turn, and is our enlightned leader.

Second Function: as readed in the 'constitution' early in the game, fills in when one of the other function's can't perform.

Internal Affairs Function (CC): proposes the IAF orders for CC

Internal Affairs Function (PUT): proposes the IAF orders for PUT (perhaps should be renamed a bit, since most, if not all PUT members aren't 'functions' yet

External Affairs Function: takes care of the diplomaty for CPU (CC and PUT)

Military Affairs Function: proposes the MAF orders for CPU (CC and PUT) --> btw, for those understanding dutch, I do not think it's a function, far from that.

3D Editor Function (3DEF): Function in charge of 3D, bringing out the magazine in the main forum in a presentable form.

Gathering Intelligence Function (GIF): in charge of analyzing the other factions intentions, map making and research prediction, perhaps as well making proposals for external probe actions.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I'd go for all of those with the exception of the Gathering Intelligence Function. The analysis of other factions intentions is done by the EAF and the whole faction, map making and prediction can be done by anyone, and proposals for probe actions are best done by MAF and EAF, or by consensus, IMHO.
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Yes, the last one is fairly intrusive on some of the other Functions, But it needed to be proposed there since Mart and Impaler were in favour of it.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Well I certainly didn`t expect to be part of the government.

Comment

Well I certainly didn`t expect to be part of the government.
                        Well, we do need someone to polish and publish our decisions. The least we can do is call it a goverment post.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

Well, we do need someone to polish and publish our decisions. The least we can do is call it a goverment post.

We decided to nuke Hive to hell.
                          We decided to build some pools on Hive teritory.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                            A formula that tells you what choices you can research next. It works on a Modulo3 basis, and was created by Minute Mirage.
                            Where can I get this, I mean.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Also, you must create a position

God
                              Egotistical bastard who keeps destroying our bases! He's more of a threat than any of the other factions are! Our lovely Lord-in-Savior whom we worshpi everyday at our local temple

Reserved for me. Express reverence by kissing at my feet NOW!
                              Last edited by GeoModder; February 11, 2004, 07:56.
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                              X