Save/load build que?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save/load build que?

Is there a way to save and load the build que? I loved this (very well hidden) feature in SMAC. On bigger maps I end up building dozens and dozens of cities that will start with the same identical que.

On a side-note, is there a way to automate "Just build railroads everywhere". After I get all cities hooked up it's time to just let the workers lose on all irrigated/mined tiles. And this can take a fair amount of time on a huge map with a huge empire. (Oh how I love thee, Tiny Map, second closests to my heart next to my wife. Maybe it would be another order if she wasn't reading over my shoulder, ouch...)

Re: Save/load build que?

lethe asked:
    Is there a way to save and load the build que?
    Not specifically (Edit: Actually yes there is, see Kloreep's post below). Would be a nice feature though!
    The closest thing is as follows:
    when you first settle go to the City Governor and set it to one of Production options (e.g. Produce Culture), select 'Often' in 'All Cities', and for good measure click the 'Default for All Cities' box.

On a side-note, is there a way to automate "Just build railroads everywhere".
    Again No. The closest thing is the 'Railroad To', which does NOT do what you want, but at least keeps the Workers occupied and productive for awhile. I didn't see any better option available in the Editor either.

(Oh how I love thee, Tiny Map, second closests to my heart next to my wife. Maybe it would be another order if she wasn't reading over my shoulder, ouch...)
    I just about spilled my drink on my keyboard when I read this. Good one!

Hope this helps - bvc
    Last edited by bvoncranium; February 7, 2004, 20:30.

Comment

Re: Re: Save/load build que?

I advised:
      go to the City Governor and...
      I would be remiss if I didn't add that I hate the inept City Governors and never use them myself.
      You have to value the time savings that they provide more than the lost production that your towns will have while the Gov's are running them. I personally don't.

Best of luck - bvc

Comment

When in the city screen, open up the build queue window by clicking on the icon of your current build, set up your queue by SHIFT+clicking on items, then hit SHIFT+Q to save it. Then just open up the queue window in any other city scree and hit Q to load the queue in to that city.

Comment

Kloreep educated:
          hit SHIFT+Q to save it. Then just open up the queue window in any other city scree and hit Q to load the queue in to that city.
          Many thanks. Don't know how I missed that all these games
          Sorry for the misinformation! - bvc

Comment

NP. IIRC there isn't any onscreen information about it, so you didn't miss anything so far as I know (except in the Civ3 manual, but I only skimmed through it myself).

Comment

Oh, they put it in the manual atleast. The key command in SMAC wasn't documented _anywhere_. Someone just stumbled on it and it became known here on Apolyton atleast.

Darn, only one save slot. Well, atleast it takes care of 90% of my needs. Thanks alot!

Comment

Re: Save/load build que?

Originally posted by lethe

On a side-note, is there a way to automate "Just build railroads everywhere".
                If you press CTRL-N, it will automate your Worker to do nothing but build your trade network, which includes Railroads. So it will go around and connect all your cities. And if you press Shift-A, your worker will take care of the railroads within city boundaries without messing with previous improvements. Another one is CTRL-SHIFT-I. This will get your Worker busy within a specific city until everything is done, again without messing with previous improvements.

Comment

Thank you Willem.

In retrospect that was fairly obvious. Perhaps I should play more with the automation options.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Save/load build que?

Originally posted by bvoncranium

I would be remiss if I didn't add that I hate the inept City Governors and never use them myself.

Best of luck - bvc
                    I uesed to agree. Recently it was pointed out to me that the city governor is very useful for controlling happiness in newly conquered cities, and indeed it is.

Many players starve larger conquered cities. This cannot be done manually during the resistance phase, since each turn the AI will reset all workers to tiles, which will more than likely put your city into disorder (also losing whatever production you may have got that turn, even during resistance). Having the governor on during this period avoids this happening.
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Working...
                    X