Question about HOTSEAT play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about HOTSEAT play

When playing civ III conquests in multiplayer in hotseat and lan in turn based simultanious,

(hotseat) Do both players get to see the AI's attacks againt their cities during the AI's turn?

(lan) Do both players get to see the AI's attacks againt their cities during the AI's turn?

This has been a 'bug' for every iteration of the game. I dont intend to purchase this new version unless this particular bug has been fixed. In many games Ive played with friends, the first player gets to see the results of this turn's decisions and the second player has cities on the edge of his domain mysteriously destroyed, etc.

Its quite annoying! Tell me this bug has be squashed!

No change. No battle vcrs. No battle reports or logs.
    Each player sees the attacks that they launch; the last player gets to see AI Civ and some barbarian movement s as the turn rolls around.
    A real deficiency of the Civ3 game series.
    - bvc

Comment

DAMN

Damn. Damn Damn Damn.

Well thanks for the honest and quick response.

Looks like I wont be buying this update.

Comment

Re: DAMN

marsx griped:
        Looks like I wont be buying this update.
        I hate the lack of battle visibility as well. However, there are lots of other good aspects of Conquests which make it worthwhile. If you can put aside your disgust on this one deficiency, you may enjoy C3C quite a lot*.
        I have to admit, having survived the PTW fiasco, I refused to pay for another expansion. Luckily a good friend (who knows how I stand behind my convictions) gave me C3C as a gift, and I've found it quite enjoyable, as well as superior to PTW.
        Best of luck - bvc
        (* if it makes you happy you can play the Mayans and imagine that the Workers that you ritually sacrifice are the managers who chose not to develop the battle playback feature.)

Comment

Working...
        X