X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Command Offices

JOINT COMMAND
    Offices of the Chief of Staff and Headquarters of the IDF

Please any requests for information or anything else, please post here. Reports from each front pertaining me will be posted here. I will be discussing necessary units, targets and objectives here with the government and with the front commanders.

I also want to thank the Minister of Economy for the money to build my office.

Here is a link to my May 1948 report: EDIT - REMOVED BY REQUEST OF THE COS.

Althoug all is up to the next front commander, I ask for an arty in Yehi'am and more defensive units in the golan.

Good luck, dear COS (and remember that you can always lead a coup-d'state if politicians get too nasty )
    Last edited by yaroslav; February 2, 2004, 18:25.
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

NO LINKS TO REPORTS!

Comment

Sorry, sir, but what do you want instead, copy&paste the report??

Comment

What you posted here is just fine in terms of " I ask for an arty in Yehi'am and more defensive units in the golan."

I just don't want people to get into the bad habit of putting just a link in their post.

Comment

Ok, I'm going to edit the post and remove the link

Comment

Re: Joint Command Offices

Originally posted by El Awrence I also want to thank the Minister of Economy for the money to build my office.
              No Problemo CoS
              I think the idea for this thread is good, now I can more easily see what the front commanders want me to build.. In the end, the decision is up to me, but I will discuss it with the Defence Minister, as he is responsible for our defence (well dooh!).
              "Peace cannot be kept by force.
              It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Government questions.
                1. What steps are being taken to secure Eilat? Is the COS willing to abandon it.
                2. Please remind all commanders to be careful stacking their units, as the enemies airpower can now come into play.
                David Disraeli
                Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

ALL COMMANDERS, MINISTERS READ

COS MIDTURN REPORT: June 1948

NORTH FRONT
                  • Metullah has no City Defences. This must be rectified, the sooner the better.
                  • I feel that a general rushbuy of defensive units along the entire front wouldn't harm anyone. May I suggest reinforcing with palmachs, since they looks quite versatile, decent attack, good defence, plenty of moves.
                  • Nahariyyah is our Achilles heel here. We need City Defences and some heavy ground defense units.

NOTE: I think that we can expect the Lebanese to use the Mediterranean road for all their incursions. I would like to ask the Northern Front commander to consider what he will be doing along that road. There are forts, hills and a road that runs along the sea, I'd like to hear some input. I personally favour either taking the hills and holding at the forts OR going naval defense, and basically keeping two or three destroyers on hand to eliminate any potential Lebanese advances along that road, which will free up quite a few land units. I'd already destroyed a handful of units last turn, we need to take that road very seriously.

HOME FRONT
                  • Change production in Beth Shean, I'd suggest getting AA, but not necessary to rushbuy there, I think.
                  • PLEASE rushbuy Gesher and Degania defensive units so that we may build city defenses quickly.
                  • Coastal cities, I'd like to see cranking out defensive units to reinforce the north front, as well as artillery to go on the offensive. Hopefully a balance can be struck for both. Maybe one will build a destroyer depending on the kind of input I get from my North Front Commander.

NOTE: I am really banking on the possibility of this front going on the offensive over the next six months and seizing Nazareth and Jenin relatively unopposed.

JUDEAN FRONT
                  • Sedom and Kfar Etzion... they are understaffed and exposed. I want to crack open the doors of East Jerusalem so that I can send reinforcements there. Don't rushbuy anything in either city yet, I fear they may fall and our resources would be better used planning a counteroffensive, rather than a desperate defence. I would like input from our commander on this, what additional forces would he like to crack open East Jerusalem?

SINAI FRONT
                  • Ashdod needs City Defences. As a note, I'd like to see some of those roads south of Ashdod pillaged. Additionally, I think that a few ships might keep the Egyptians at bay along the Mediterranean. Input from commander, please.
                  • Gevaram needs defenses. Or else, we must abandon it (I suggest rushing a Zion Worker, I refuse to leave those civilians to the Arabs )
                  • Central cities look alright. I don't think we need to rush any defensive anything here, just consolidate the defenses we have there.
                  • I'd like some input on Eilat from our commander in the front.

Comment

For your information about "the road", Nahariyyah needs a bit more defencive units. After that I can put a MG or two in the fortress north of the city to prevent any attack on the city itself. I suggest that one destroyer could be the offencive unit there.
                    "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

GET THE HELL INTO THE STRATEGY DISCUSSION THREAD DAMNIT!

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
                        ALL COMMANDERS, MINISTERS READ

SINAI FRONT
                        • Ashdod needs City Defences. As a note, I'd like to see some of those roads south of Ashdod pillaged. Additionally, I think that a few ships might keep the Egyptians at bay along the Mediterranean. Input from commander, please.
                        • The roads become more useful to us if we get tanks to use to destroy their units advanving on us.
                          Ships to patrol the shore would be very useful if they put under my command,
                        • Gevaram needs defenses. Or else, we must abandon it (I suggest rushing a Zion Worker, I refuse to leave those civilians to the Arabs )
                        probalby too late to rush, will jsut waste resources, should hav ebeen done previous session
                      • Central cities look alright. I don't think we need to rush any defensive anything here, just consolidate the defenses we have there.
                      agreed
                    • I'd like some input on Eilat from our commander in the front.
                    • Not sure what you want here, defence needs upgrading i guess, but i think we now need to balance defence with offence, before the egyptians get too many troops in our territory. further AA and possible our own planes wouldnt go astray. but so many other needs too... you make the priorities
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

play on !!!

Comment

I will review the Grand Strategy thread tomorrow and will make a summary of the conclusions. For now, I will be off to bed in a short while. But tomorrow, we may play on!

Comment

now 3 days alter and still no paly !!!!

Comment

• Working...
                              X