Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-One would think so, yes.
    -One would think so, yes.
    -Well....Ming or Archaic can, but I don't see why you'd want to. When I first got in there, I was shocked to see how small it was!
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
      When I first got in there, I was shocked to see how small it was!
      Well, it was almost disbanded. And there are two members. And Tass, you do not manage our politics!
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I am absent for a couple of days and all this happens. Anyway, looks fantastic With this close co-operation, it looks like we could stand a real chance
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
          And Tass, you do not manage our politics!
          You DARE violate the tenth commandment?
          REPENT NOW OR PAY FOR YOUR SINS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

You DARE violate the tenth commandment?
            REPENT NOW OR PAY FOR YOUR SINS!!!

Please forgive your Chosen One!
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Hmm...OK

Comment

GeoModder:

My recommendation: Force build the production of Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove, switch to defense units afterwards.

Caboolture: switch production to command center, only 6 minerals lost, and stronger defense units can be build and transported later from there.
                There's one disadvantage though, namely that there is no road between Caboolture and the rest of PUT. So any unit produced there would take a few turns to become useful. Therefore how about from next turn on we produce air units there instead? And this turn we could switch production to for example a probe team which would be finished in time next year.

Cairns: force build research hospital. I know it costs a lot of energy, but that way Drones can't steal the energy, and the loss of the network node in Gold Coast gets compensated then, much less chance that research will slow down by a turn.
                That's a lot of energy. If not losing cash to the drones is the main reason: we can just transmit any credits we don't use in the PUT turn to the next faction in line: the CyCon, where we can use it to hurry some rec commons etc.
                Also we aren't sure Gold Coast will be attacked. If buster captured it this turn without first doing a serious military chopper and drop troops build-up, he'd be probe raped to death by all those librarians swarming over the PUT continent. So we might have a couple more turns, not many, but still a few. Certainly enough to get DAP I hope.

Bring as many crawlers south as you can, perhaps using them to build defense units quicker on the defense line.
                I'll see what can be done, but about all squares in the south are already worked. There's hardly room for even one more crawler there. Regarding using them to build units faster, we can cash them in next turn to hurry one or more missile interceptor prototypes or something.

Extra probe teams in some cities, again, bring them south.
                Not to the north, stationing them not in but around the bases? That way, if buster captures a base, it'll be surrounded by librarians to probe him.

Move that defender from Sunshine Coast to Gold Coast if we still have that possibility.
                I'll do that. I'll do the same for that scout skirmisher and synthmetal defence.

The choices available for PUT for research:
                Thanks. I'll see what I can do with this data tomorrow.

obstructor:

Several question about unification:
                -are we in official state of war against Drones?
                I (or better: someone else ) would like to send a message to buster, asking for a truce, and stating some reasons for it, eg that we'd probe rape him if he'd capture a PUT base. That way we can hopefully buy some time.

-are PUT at official state of war against Pirates?
                PUT is currently pacted to PEACE. However I guess PEACE will break that pact if they hear about the news. It's better we don't break it though: that would give us an unnecessary reputation decline, which can still be important as there are AIs in the game.

-who will authorize us for PUT forums?
                What Tass says I guess. I've applied for membership, but it probably wouldn't be a big loss if we didn't get access.
                Last edited by Maniac; February 1, 2004, 21:53.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  There's one disadvantage though, namely that there is no road between Caboolture and the rest of PUT. So any unit produced there would take a few turns to become useful. Therefore how about from next turn on we produce air units there instead? And this turn we could switch production to for example a probe team which would be finished in time next year.
                  Yes, air units will be a good idea, but I think finishing a command center there is a good idea to.
                  So far, sufficient probes in PUT, so an extra one is not necessary. A command Center can be useful just in case Buster has a stronger fist then we expect (eg. more NJ then that one we see.

Originally posted by Maniac That's a lot of energy. If not losing cash to the drones is the main reason: we can just transmit any credits we don't use in the PUT turn to the next faction in line: the CyCon, where we can use it to hurry some rec commons etc.
                  A energy transfer is fine to me, but why not using the excess of crawlers then to force-build the ResHos in Cairns? As you said, there to many and they are in the way on the moment. I think it's a waste to lose those 20 minerals, and that base is safe down there, time to build it. Or perhaps let it change to an air base when D:AP is researched .

Also we aren't sure Gold Coast will be attacked. If buster captured it this turn without first doing a serious military chopper and drop troops build-up, he'd be probe raped to death by all those librarians swarming over the PUT continent. So we might have a couple more turns, not many, but still a few. Certainly enough to get DAP I hope.
                  We don't know the Drones' invasion strength. For all we know more transports are in the dark above the transport we can see. Hell, it can even contain 4 probes ready to engage the PUT probes.

There's hardly room for even one more crawler there. Regarding using them to build units faster, we can cash them in next turn to hurry one or more missile interceptor prototypes or something.
                  just bring those not necessary for force-finish production in Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove.
                  Those bases need to change production ASAP to defense, but again, it doesn't cost much to finish their present production

Not to the north, stationing them not in but around the bases?
                  O, I only referred to the second one in Longreach. The rest is usefull were they are. As you said, probing Buster to death IS fun now
                  Last edited by GeoModder; February 2, 2004, 03:22.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                    A energy transfer is fine to me, but why not using the excess of crawlers then to force-build the ResHos in Cairns?
                    IIRC crawlers are only cashed in using their full mineral value while hurrying SPs or prototypes. For a normal facility, when disbanding only half their mineral value would be added.

As you said, there to many and they are in the way on the moment. I think it's a waste to lose those 20 minerals, and that base is safe down there, time to build it. Or perhaps let it change to an air base when D:AP is researched
                    Do you mean an Aerospace Complex? That sounds like a good idea to me. We could do the same for Gold Coast, if it hasn't been captured yet that is.

Comment

ok can someone explain to me how our government will run from now on? who will make which dicisions? will we have one big government or an overlapping one for the existing ones
                      Bunnies!
                      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

AFAIK it will just be the same, unless suddenly lots of PUT members come flooding to here, or Achaic . We only have many more great bases to decide about.

Comment

ok...then how do you all have the save of the uni?...i dont have the password
                          Bunnies!
                          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

The password is "varsity", announced somewhere in this thread (should post it somewhere more clear I guess). The PUT saves can be downloaded in the turn tracking thread (start of turn) or in the turn reports thread (midturn save with lots of modifications already done).

Edit:

Comment

You should probably delete that password from the thread, just in case. There's too many people playing all sides around.

For the next month at least, I doubt I'll be able to have any sort of involvement in this game. I simply don't have the time with work, and the prep for my trip. After that.....who knows. I'd love to participate if I can, however I don't know how busy I'll be in Japan.

Oh yes, and I've already authed the CC turn players who requested access. Really not that much to see there however.
                              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Some players are voicing concerns over how much time CyCon will get for playing CyCon and PUT turns....
                                and their arguments tempt me to impose a 12+12 limit for CyCon and PUT turns (meaning the max time CPU could take out is 48 hours)....
                                What say you?

Comment

Working...
                                X