PUT-CC Unification!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUT-CC Unification!

I had this chat with Archaic. Don't mind my awful attempt at saying something funny in the beginning.

Maniac (bezet, tenzij voor vragen ivm 't examen) says:
    Hi Archaic!
    •$(170,200,230)•&'rafy - 天使な小生意気 - Tenshi Na Konamaiki•0 says:
    Heya.
    Sorry for my absence. Continuing blackouts.
    of electricity?
    or of your memory?
    Electricity.
    ah
    Anyway, have you been able to catch up with mails lately?
    Not really.
    Darn
    Can I give a short summary?
    Or better another time?
    Better another time. I'm quite tired right now, and in the middle of setting up the new laptop.
    Okay. I'll hopefully see you another time then.
    (Edit: Some time later, I asked: )
    Btw, can I quickly ask: if someone was willing to replace you as Dean, would you be glad to accept your offer? I get the impression the ACDG may be a burden for you.
    It is.
    Ah well, in that case: Tassadar has recently told in our forum that it is allowed for factions to unite by becoming members of each other's forum, sharing each other's password etc. So if you want to get rid of the ACDG, I would like to offer a unification of the PUT and CC factions. That way, if you're interested, we could play the PUT turn from now on, releasing you from the burden.
    I could accept that.
    That would be great. We've been able to cooperate well the last few years, and this would be the perfect coronation of our good relationship.
    Can I announce this to Googlie and Tassadar already, or do you want to think about it some more, and write them a message themselves?

Feel free to announce it.
    I can't even get on 'poly ATM. Got to get my password off the old computer.
    Ouch

So to any God, can we unite now already, or do you first need personal confirmation of Archaic (which could take a while due to electricity blackouts and him not having access to Apolyton)? And if we can unite, could I please ask an extension of the deadline so we can get to know PUT better and make plans?
    Thanks.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Send some messages to all the ex-Uni members and see which ones are interested in joining us. General Tacticus would be a nice prize. Also we should ask Archaic to stay active with us, their must be some kind of job he is interested in doing as he wont be under half as much pressure as he has been. Likly he would remain the Uni Turn player but we provide hime with an Orders list. It all depends on what interest him, ask him in what capacity he would like to continue playing in.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Tassadar has smiled upon us: !
        I am gonna prepare a special edition of 3D for the annoucement of Unification!
        Just tell me when will it take place.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

But won`t unification with PUT mean the start of the WW? Or will the Hive-Drone reconsider and leave PUT-CC alone? Call me a pacifist, but if WW starts so soon...
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I dunno....

All I do know is that I need no personal confirmation (I highly doubt you would forge this, knowing what you know about me )
            However, I'm not going to extend the deadline. You'll still have 48+12 hours for both the University and CyCon.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

There's one little problem: I didn't ask Archaic the PUT password.
              /me starts running from angry hordes of cyborgs.
              I have sent a mail to Archaic, asking the password and whether he wants to stay active in the PUT-CC. But since Archaic is busy right now, I doubt he'll read that mail in the next few days. Therefore I've also sent a PM to 4 other PUT members: GT, Minute Mirage, AdamTG and AgentSubversion, explaining the situation, asking the password and whether they'd like to join us etc. Hopefully they'll respond before the PUT deadline runs out. In any case: Tassadar has in his glory given us a 12 hour extension.

Comment

great um glory to tass or something
                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                  But won`t unification with PUT mean the start of the WW? Or will the Hive-Drone reconsider and leave PUT-CC alone? Call me a pacifist, but if WW starts so soon...
                  It can go in both directions. If it's all right, I'll contact the Hive directly after the unification is official (if we have the password) and ask what they will do in a Drone<->CC-PUT war. Choose sides or remain neutral and win a co-op with the winner of that war.
                  However I think we should unify no matter what. PUT is being probe raped to death by the Drones, and Archaic hasn't started building any defences, and is too busy to read my mails with suggestions. We need to act now to have a chance to save PUT from destruction at the hands of the Drones.

Comment

Ok, unification it is then
                    Reason the more to start ASAP a probe building program, PUT's bases needs to be protected.
                    And building a transport to bring them there. I thought Impaler already suggested that in the IAF thread?
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Okay, Archaic forwarded me the latest turn and also the password: "varsity". Onwards to planning and officially announcing the unification I'd say!

(I probably won't be able to open the turn and see what's happening until tonight though)
                      Last edited by Maniac; February 1, 2004, 08:35.

Comment

Okay, I had a first look at the PUT turn.
                        I accepted SFF and AppPhys from CyCon. I switched research to DAP and changed research to 20-10-70.
                        I switched a librarian to a doctor in Cairns to counter drone riots.
                        I put a worker in Gold Coast to a borehole, which was being harvested for minerals by a crawler. Rather inefficient if you ask me.
                        As a consequence of these actions, we'll get DAP next turn. I also offered CyCon Neural, EcoEng & EnvEcon pre-accepted.

The Drones attacked Gold Coast with a missile needlejet.

PEACE has obtained Nonlinear Mathematics. Don't know how though, as AFAIK the Hive and Drones don't have that tech. I guess they could have bought it from the AI, as PEACE has sold their energy bank and all their rec commons. They've hurried the CP in Calico Island with that.
                        One other thing: PEACE has hurried or switched production in Little Accident to a Laser Squad. This means it would be very dangerous to execute our current plan to land troops east of that base now. The veteran 2-2-2 could beat the very green or green plasma garrison, and then the rover could eliminate one of the impact marines.
                        How about we instead move ALL troops to HMB and start eliminating all crawlers on that island? It would delay the capture of Pamplona, but as PEACE will probably manage to build a base on Calico Island, it's important we reduce their mineral production to end this war, so they can build less military units.

Also, our dear pactmates Hive have somehow acquired Doctrine: Initiative. I presume that must be by trading with PEACE. I wonder what PEACE got in return though, since AFAIK the Hive couldn't have been the one giving them NonlMath.

Can I suggest that we switch all bases that don't have acquired many minerals yet to military production?

That's about all I've checked about now. Please make more suggestions!

Oh yeah, could please someone accept the two techs from CyCon, and then switch research and make a list of all techs you have as an option. I forgot doing so, and this info is important to be able to predict the future PUT researches choices with Minute Mirage's mod3 Excel program. I haven't been able to replicate the choices for PUT yet.

Comment

Boy it has already started, We probly will need to move into a stronger military footing.

Also I think you should have sent us Evn Econ as that could help raise our Energy output and trade revenue.

Uni is currently building a lot of Reserch enhansing Facilites but I think that should be switched to defences ASAP. They need AiroSpace Complexes and AAA Plasma Garrisons ASAP.

We will have to produce new ships to head up their, likly AAA Plasma Steal to match their Missle Jets, with Air Superiority Intercepters parked over our Forces for more protection, this will alow us to block Drone navel vessels and enshure that any aircraft sent to attack us are lost.

This its also urgent that we infiltrate Drones to see what their up too, keeping Uni out of their Hands is in my opinion more important then concouring the remainder of PEACE at this point.
                          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                            Also, our dear pactmates Hive have somehow acquired Doctrine: Initiative. I presume that must be by trading with PEACE. I wonder what PEACE got in return though, since AFAIK the Hive couldn't have been the one giving them NonlMath.
                            Might be the reason Jamski asked for keeping a PEACE base alive. They're preparing to build missile units (perhaps even needlejets) and transfer them to the PEACE. Even a blockade can't stop that sort of thing.

And for our production: first probes, we're bound to lose a few PUT bases anyway before we can reinforce PUT with our own units. If the military units come from new production or the Task Forces' marines doesn't really matter. The present forces busy with PEACE can be by PUT territory before any new unit can be build and transported anyway.

Ok, taking a quick look at the PUT save.

First, I think defense line needs to be put on the bases of Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove. Everything north of it is to small anyway.
                            My recommendation: Force build the production of Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove, switch to defense units afterwards.
                            Caboolture: switch production to command center, only 6 minerals lost, and stronger defense units can be build and transported later from there.
                            Cairns: force build research hospital. I know it costs a lot of energy, but that way Drones can't steal the energy, and the loss of the network node in Gold Coast gets compensated then, much less chance that research will slow down by a turn. Produce defense units afterwards I guess.
                            Bring as many crawlers south as you can, perhaps using them to build defense units quicker on the defense line.
                            Extra probe teams in some cities, again, bring them south.
                            For the moment, CyCon shouldn't give ANY tech that Hive/Drones don't have. I guess the reason is obvious
                            Move that defender from Sunshine Coast to Gold Coast if we still have that possibility. Not much use, but it delays things. That is what we need most now, delay for the Drone assault progress.

I accepted the tech donation as Cycon, changed research to Doc: AP, to be ready in 2 turns (might slow down when bases get conquered). The choices available for PUT for research:
                            - Doc: Init
                            - Doc: AP
                            - Cent. Emp.
                            - Prog. Psych
                            - Pol. Soft.
                            - HEC
                            - Doc. Loy.
                            Last edited by GeoModder; February 1, 2004, 13:16.
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Several question about unification:
                              -are we in official state of war against Drones?
                              -are PUT at official state of war against Pirates?
                              -who will authorize us for PUT forums?

Comment

Working...
                              X