Do Turnchats Twice A Week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Turnchats Twice A Week!

I don't know what people are waiting for, but this game needs to move forward, even if only a select few are playing it.

BFM and I made this map and as much as I'd love to participate and really want to give advice and make comments, there's little I can do without using the information I know about the map to an unfair advantage. So I lurk and I read and I watch the game.

I'm sure there's a lot of other people who lurk, and many of them comment on the turns as they happen. Many people enjoy just watching the game go, following the story, and seeing how the really good players handle the situation.

But if no turns are being played and no results are being posted then there's no reason to check this forum, no reason to read the posts, and no reason to post.

JUST PLAY THE SAVE.

I don't care if it's one guy playing it, so long as there's a summary, some nice shots, and some discussion afterward about what happened. People will get involved when there's something to get involved with. Let's ignore the bureaucracy, if no ministers post then just play without them. All you need to do is get into a regular habit of playing twice a week, about the same time each week, and people will start to notice.

And even if they don't notice and even if they don't join up at least those of us who lurk and who enjoy reading the story can find a reason to visit this forum and appreciate your hard work.

--Togas
    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Ok, I consider that a boot in my posterior.

thanks

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Re: Do Turnchats Twice A Week!

[SIZE=1
      ] JUST PLAY THE SAVE.
      --Togas
      And tell us when!
      The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

I'm joining always when I have the time. Besides I'm the FAM currently but there is nothing important to do.
        I don't give many ideas because I really can't play on Deity but I'm learning

Comment

Second with Togas.

It's now proceeding so slow that as a lurker I have a hard time remembering the state of the game when I see a new post.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Ditto with Togas.
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Togas hits the Viking on the head! Errr... sort of.
              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Please play more turnchats.

It'll be fun.

I'll come and watch and yell at you guys a bit.

--Togas
                Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

We are trying to play more...

where are all the players...?
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

working
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

studying 24/7 (or at least 12/7)
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Work studying. I personally am back in proper action from early April, when my immediate presentations are out of the way. I can (and will) post on discussions as much as possible until the 3rd of March (when I go home and get super-busy again), but I can't view the save, only screenshots. Please PM me if you want someone else to keep debate going for this time however.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                        X