don't have HEC or Non Linear we would appreciate Doc: Loyalty, for
    defensive purposes.

Also this: We can probe your enemy Roze in 4 turns. We would be looking
    to steal either HEC or Non Linear. Either of these I think would be of
    interest to you. However Roze also has Biogenetics , which we do not
    have ( we had hoped to do without it) and it would be a waste to end up
    stealing this tech. Upon success we would forward the stolen tech to
    you.

In what ever is the situation please advise.

Cap'n Hercules

PS This message also to Hunghu
    Discuss.
    You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

From the looks of the CyCon paper, PEACE has been wiped out. Exactly what is their military capability?

Should we even deal with them? The CyCon might be the new "kid on the block" and if we deal with them, will we upset the CyCon?

My main concern is if by aiding PEACE, are we going to taint ourselves and stab ourselves in the foot in the future?
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Voltaire, I think you need to let them know that we are not interested in getting HEC or Impact (since we already have +3 armor units and will soon have SFF (+6 attack)). I already suggest them to directly contact the Drones for HEC and/or SFF. If they can get the Drones support them then we can give them loyalty. Otherwise they might not be saved anyways. As for upset the CCs, I don't really think that matters much now, since the CCs seems to be already planning on treating us as enemies. The most important thing seems to me is to stay in the good side of the Drones. We would be pretty hard pressed if we have to face two enemies especially if the Drones would hold the military techs from us.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
        Voltaire, I think you need to let them know that we are not interested in getting HEC or Impact (since we already have +3 armor units and will soon have SFF (+6 attack)). I already suggest them to directly contact the Drones for HEC and/or SFF. If they can get the Drones support them then we can give them loyalty. Otherwise they might not be saved anyways. As for upset the CCs, I don't really think that matters much now, since the CCs seems to be already planning on treating us as enemies. The most important thing seems to me is to stay in the good side of the Drones. We would be pretty hard pressed if we have to face two enemies especially if the Drones would hold the military techs from us.
        Exactly as I was alluding to, Comrade Hong Hu.
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Message sent to PEACE at the Chairman's request:
          Honorable Cap'n Hercules:

The Hive has heard of the great suffering your people have endured at the hands of your enemies. Your terrible plight at the hands of the CyCon was truly terrible. Therefore, the Hiverian government wishes to bring the people of PEACE under it's protection. If you rush a colony pod in a base near the Hiveran homeland, and build a new base near us, we will protect it to the last. We will send PEACE any tech we possess that you may want. Lastly, we will assist you in your effort to retake your homeland. The CyCon shall soon taste the fury of the Hive!

Please, make your decision soon. This is an all-or-nothing deal. Should you accept, you will be expected to join with the Hive and our brother Drones as a junior member of the great Hive-Drone permi-pact.

We await your reply.

~Octavian X
          Join a Democracy Game today!
          | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

>_<
            Dammit RESCIND that. RESCIND it!!!
            We did NOT have a poll regarding this action. I highly DISENCOURAGE this action.

Whatever we want from The Angels we'll get ourselves in a couple of turns.
            As for the PEACE? They're nothing to us now.
            The CyCon once again seem friendly as they're offering us a trade... and I think we might accept!

If they want love from the Drones let them ask the Drones. I've given up on the PEACE project.
            Do not, I repeat, DO NOT give them Doc:Loy!!!
            DO NOT!!!
            WE REPEAT, DO NOT GIVE THEM DOC:LOY!!!
            Why?
            The CyCon will take that when they conquer the enemy bases.
            This puts them all too close to Planetary Economics and the AV.

I want that SP for myself.
            The Hive.
            I'll be DAMNED if I let it fall into the hands of the Cybernetic Consciousness - or if I let you put them one step closer.

Octavian X, for your lack of foresight, you should be ashamed.
            Wait here while I go talk to Hercules myself to straighten this matter out...

Comment

I agree with Enigma that any major diplomatic action should be proposed inside Hive and gets approval from the team before they are sent out. Polls would be preferable, if time is limited, at least post here and see if you could get some feedback before contacting the other faction.

I wouldn't blame Comrade Oct for taking initiatives though, just that we probably should set out some steps to ensure the consistency within the team.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Everyone calm down and don’t get your panties in a knot; the decision is far from final. I ordered the communication to be sent after a discussion with Kody on things; we really have not committed ourselves to anything. I was considering polling the issue, except that the matter was urgent enough to leave that go by, and also extenuating circumstances (which I will not reveal here, if anyone wants to know what they are ask over MSN) forced me to make a unilateral decision.

But yes, poll it if you want now. If it does not go through, then we will simply inform PEACE that I acted without democratic approval and the deal has been withdrawn by the People, not too hard eh?
                You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

sounds fine.

any way, it looks like a rely bad deal. considering the fact that (from the very litle i knwo) the PK's dont seem to be such a profitable allay and the techs my fall to CCs hands (which is of course very bad).

BTW how can i see the turn or get more details?
                  that way i beleabe , even with my disastrous expirience, i might be able to be a lilte more handy during devates....
                  "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

download it from the main forum the turn tracking thread. In the zip file Enigma also included a save for the Hive before the end turn.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

T_Ras:
                      1. Fix Typoes. This is not AOL, making typoes does not make you cool; it makes you look dumb.
                      2. PEACE are the Pirate's Expeditionary Armada of Chironian Explorers (or something like that), not the PKs.
                      I urge you to read about the game before making such comments.

Read the last 2 pages of the topped threads, and the entire topped threads in the DG menu.
                      It's a steep learning curve but I went from noob to turnplayer in like 3 turns.
                      Not to suggest you're anywhere near as quick as I am, but merely to suggest that it is possible.

Comment

Enigma, this is not the right way to talk to your teamates, no matter how familiar or not they are with the game. WE let you be the turn player, accepting that you may not make the best decisions. You seem to mistaken that this means you have become the grandest. You know arrogance may not make you look dumb, but it may very well make you look ignorant and stupid. Again check in your spell checker how "typoes" should be rightly spelled before your laugh at anybody else. And I'm sure you don't need me to remind you those occasions when our grand master also made spelling mistakes.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                          Enigma, this is not the right way to talk to your teamates, no matter how familiar or not they are with the game.
                          Then I suggest you do something about it.
                          WE let you be the turn player,
                          No. Kody let me be the turnplayer.
                          Dacole was the clear winner of that poll until Kody voiced his support.
                          Then I noted Micha was out, and hassled Dacole away, thus giving me power.

You DO know that, should I retire, the replacements are yourself, Jamski, and possibly Voltaire.
                          You will be overloaded, so you can't do the job.
                          So we're left with those 2 guys, who are much more suited to other matters, running the turn.
                          Why not have me run the turn?
                          My markedly hostile attitude may prevent me from doing too many interpersonal things, but I'm damn good at what I try hard at, and I try hard at playing the turns.

Why should my interpersonal attitude have any bearing on whether or not I'm a part of the team?
                          I have strengths and weaknesses, of course. A wise person would know that I have my uses, rather than discarding me based on illogical emotions.
                          I have neither the time nor the energy to reduce myself to taking residency in the slum of a city you call 'socially acceptable behaviour'. I am the judge of what I do, not you, and if you try to impose your stupid backwards-minded agendi upon me, I swear on my honour I will cut you down to rid the world of your foolishness.

You seem to mistaken that this means you have become the grandest.
                          I was great of mind long before I had the power to use my mind.
                          Now, with power, and wisdom, I am able to fulfil my potential.

You know arrogance may not make you look dumb, but it may very well make you look ignorant and stupid.
                          I'll say it again, I'm not arrogant. I'm a prodigial questioner frustrated at a world geared for ignorance.
                          Do you even hear me when I say that?
                          Geez it's like I point at a spot on the wall and tell me that I have an obsolete pointing arm...

I'm sure you don't need me to remind you those occasions when our grand master also made spelling mistakes.
                          The problem isn't his (her?) fallibility, but rather, his (her?) indesire to repair this fallibility.
                          I'm not frustrated at stupidity, nor am I frustrated with ignorance. I'm frustrated with a world that is geared towards the value of ignorance (such that those who value questioning aren't treated fairly).
                          Now, if you'll excuse me, my quest for justice will not be stopped here, by you. Step aside or I will throw you aside.

Comment

Yea if you are so smart go look at the poll again see who let you be the turn player.

And if you are so smart show us how fast you can learn manners.

Throw me aside huh? Come on get on it.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

well...i guess i would rather you had better manners, it is surely not nice to be resived like that. but each one with his won ideas, it is ok
                              "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

Working...
                              X