transfering ocean in freeciv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfering ocean in freeciv

Hi. I'm new in this forum, so I don't know if this is an old subject.
    I use to play old good freeciv, which came with Mandrake linux 8 or something, viewing direction strait to down. Mayby version 1.14.
    I wonder if anyone knows, is there possibility to transfer ocean to swamp? In the help topics at point "terrain alterations" is showed that it takes 24 turns to convert ocean to swamp, but I can find no circumstances where I could tell to Engineers to build land to ocean.
    Reply if You got any idea, please.

I believe you had to put them on a ship over the ocean square.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Believe me I have tried it. I have had 8 engineers units in transport ship, but the game does not allow to give the transferring command. Dependless on that, is the boat next to land or further.

Comment

Your ship has to be next to two pieces of land.

Comment

Actually it has to be next to at least 3 land squares.

It's set in terrain.ruleset :

; number of "land" tiles required to be adjacent to an ocean tile before
          ; it may be "reclaimed" into a land tile (0-9; 0=anywhere, 9=nowhere)
          ocean_reclaim_requirement=3

Comment

Thanks for informations that very long time ago! In last few times I have played Freeciv for some time, and would like to know, is the option

ocean_reclaim_requirement=3

changeable? Have tried and the game did not start after that. I did read some warnings about changing anything in any rulesets.
            I still rather play version, which is looked straight from up. I mean 2D versions.

Comment

Hey! It seems that I was wrong. It is possible to chance that option at least to (as less as) =1 .

mheinowl

Comment

Working...
              X