No announcement yet.

PROJECT: The Translation Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those files are dated older than the playtest can someone send me the files to my email please?

Comment

• Originally posted by _X_
      those files are dated older than the playtest can someone send me the files to my email please?
      Why all the files you need are in the playtest pack, except those of the Spanish version, well there are some the original ctp2 v.1.1 but of course there are still some strings missing. And of course all the text files included are older then the lastest playtest built, because they didn't need an update. So for the Spanish version it is your task to create new files, you can do this by adding the strings that you find in the thread here as Tamerlin described it, you take the English version of the files to update for refference.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Well the problem is that I dont have the Spanish version of the game Sorry for being an ass and dont telling anyone before, I was very busy studying

Here are the translated lines:

The first file requieres no translation - add_str.txt
        In ldl_str.txt, line 2836:

Code:
        # Ranking Tab
        str_ldl_RANKING_MILITARY		"Militar"
        str_ldl_RANKING_ECONOMIC		"Económico"
        str_ldl_RANKING_SCIENTIFIC		"Científico"
        str_ldl_RANKING_OVERALL		"Total"
        str_ldl_INFO_RANKING_TAB		"Comparación"
        str_ldl_RANKING_POLLUTION		"Contaminación"
        str_ldl_RANKING_WONDER		"Maravillas"
        str_ldl_RANKING_RANK			"Comparar:"
        str_ldl_LINE_BUTTON			"Gráfica por Líneas"
        str_ldl_ZEROSUM_BUTTON		"Gráfica por Suma Cero"
        Another block of new strings you find the ldl_str.txt is this one at line 1514:

Code:
        ### New World Shape Strings ###

str_tbl_ldl_North_South_Wrap_Only			"Engrape Norte-Sur"
        str_ldl_North_and_South_edges_of_the_map_connect	"Los Bordes Norte y Sur del mapa se conectan"
        str_ldl_Neptun_World					"Mundo Neptuniano"
        str_tbl_ldl_Neptun_World					"Mundo Neptuniano"

### New Single Player Game Player Screen Strings ###

str_ldl_SPNGPS_NumPlayerSpinner	"Número de jugadores"
        str_ldl_SPNGPS_MaxPlayerSpinner		"Número de jugadores máximo"
        str_ldl_SPNGPS_PlayerSpinner		"Jugador inicial"

str_ldl_SPNGPS_NumPlayerText	"Ajusta el número de jugadores en un juego nuevo."
        str_ldl_SPNGPS_MaxPlayerText	"Ajusta el número máximo de jugadores que pueden ocurrir dentro del juego."
        str_ldl_SPNGPS_PlayerText	"Ajusta el jugador inicial. Determina el color de la civilización. (No funciona, todavía)"

### Added Disclaimer Strings ###

str_ldl_Disclaimer1 "ESTE MATERIAL NO ESTA HECHO O MANTENIDO POR ACTIVISION."
        str_ldl_Disclaimer2 "Esta versión de Call to Power 2 fue desarrollada en [url]http://apolyton.net.[/url]"
        str_ldl_Disclaimer3 "Contacte a los autores en [email]ctp2source@apolyton.net[/email]."

### Version String ###

str_ldl_version "2003-12-23"
        Again, sorry for being late, I want to contribute more on this proyect. Thanks
        Last edited by _X_; April 30, 2004, 00:35.

Comment

• Don't worry _X_, we don't have any deadline... and I can tell you what being late means, believe me.

The problem is that we can't update the files and include the spanish translation in a playtest release if we don't have the original language files. May be should we make a Call to Spanish People...
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
            The accurate translation of "Network Game" is "Jeu en Réseau", but these words are generally used for LAN games in France (as opposed to a "Partie Multijoueurs" - Multiplayer Game) and it could confuse some users.
            Well, I was just putting together a new playtest version and figured I should do this translation, and so for the moment I've put "Jeu en Réseau" in. Tell me if you think one of the other options would fit better.

Comment

• Attached is the French ldl_str.txt I'm now using - I made the changes to shorten the disclaimer string and to str_ldl_MULTIPLAYER as noted in my last post.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway

Well, I was just putting together a new playtest version and figured I should do this translation, and so for the moment I've put "Jeu en Réseau" in. Tell me if you think one of the other options would fit better.
                Well, I would prefer "Partie Multijoueurs" instead of "Jeu en Réseau" though your translation is accurate as Network Games is translated as "Jeu en Réseau".

This is not really a problem but it could confuse some players as (as I wrote it earlier) "Jeu en Réseau" usually refers to LAN games in France.

If you agree with the change I think it can wait until the next Playtest Version.
                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Attached is the French ldl_str.txt I'm now using - I made the changes to shorten the disclaimer string and to str_ldl_MULTIPLAYER as noted in my last post.

I should have known better and read the following page of the thread before replying to your previous post.

[EDIT]Well I am a triple , that actually does not change anything about my initial post as the current translation is still "Jeu en Réseau", I thought you changed it and published a new ldl_str.txt with "Partie Multijoueurs".[/EDIT]

Last edited by Tamerlin; April 30, 2004, 21:07.

Comment

• So... In summary, I should leave it as "Jeu en Réseau", correct?

Comment

So... In summary, I should leave it as "Jeu en Réseau", correct?
                      Leave it as it is now as it is not a mistake if you consider the english text, it would be better to change it to "Partie Multijoueurs" in the next Playtest Build though.

Comment

• To spare you some time, here is the ldl_str.txt with "Partie Multijoueurs".
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks .

Comment

• You are welcomed J Bytheway...

BTW, Gibbz is asking us here if we need the Italian files for the CtP2 Playtest. I know there is an Italian folder in the Playtest Build but do we need the other files?

Comment

• Hmm... I have no idea where those italian files came from, but we may well need more in the future...

Comment

Hmm... I have no idea where those italian files came from, but we may well need more in the future...
                                sandro made them, he just wasn't able to attach them to one post here, so he mailed them to me. Then I added them to our file database, in the Altered Source Files thread there should be a note about it.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X