Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leylines: new strategy game

Hello everybody,

fans of strategy games like Civ and Master of Magic probably want to take a look at this new game, Leylines.

binary-people.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, binary-people.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Leylines is a turn-based strategy game in a fantasy world. It features 50 different units and 50 magic spells, and has a hoard of other options including heroes, terrain modification, season changes, diplomacy and three different victory conditions.
    Multiplayer options include hot-seat, split-screen and play-by-e-mail, in case you find the AI not challenging enough.
    You should try it, it's very addictive.

Be careful when opening, I got a warning of a trojan virus dedected by Norten Antivirus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Everybody play this game! Its a generally good game... nothing to do with the fact I helped in the open beta...

Comment

I'm playing this game, and seemed to be doing pretty well until my capital city got more and more hostile and finally revolted. The instructions say you can improve your citizens' attitude by holding festivals, but I didn't see how you do that. Does anyone know?
        "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Festivals

Yea... on the city screen, click options. Then click festival. Costs a lot of money though. I believe unhappyness is caused by too many soldiers in your city.

Comment

Too many soldiers will cause unhappiness, but there must be other factors as well. The city which revolted had only one soldier in it. I found the Options button, and played another game where I used festivals to keep my cities content, and won it.

Another problem I found was that on my Windows 98 machine, Quickstart works OK but if I start a game using the Scenario button, the map comes up blank (no cities or units), and after I click the End Turn button the game hangs. On my Windows 2000 machine both modes work.
            "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Working...
            X