Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game stops at 2050 AD. How to make it unlimited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game stops at 2050 AD. How to make it unlimited?

Hi everyone,

The game stops at 2050 AD. Is there some way to make it run for a much longer time or to make it run without any time limit. Please help me. intel

Well, you can keep playing past 2050 if you want... but no victory can be scored, since technically a civ has already won by histographic victory.

If you really want to expand the time limit on victory beyond the default 540 turns, create a scenario in the editor: open the editor up, select Scenario|Scenario Properties, check the "Time Limit" box, and set a new turn limit.

Comment

From PTW there also is a Game Limits button on the player setup screen that can change the limit.

In vanilla Civ3 you can use my multitool and edit the save to have a later enddate
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Dear Gramphos,

Please let me know where can I find the Vanilla Civ3 and your multitool. Thanks in advance.

intel

Comment

Vanilla civ3 is the original game, and my multitool can be found in the Civ3 -Files forum
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

there is a .ini file in the install directory for Conquests and one of the lines has the 540 turns listed. I changed this to the max of 1000 so I always have a longer game.

Changing the turns in-games DOES NOT get remembered between games unlike the other setting when you start a new game.

Comment

I have noticed that whatever number you put in the .ini file appears on the game limits screen even if it is above 1000 BUT when the game finished the score summers screen says 1000 turns on it so I am not sure if putting a number bigger than 1000 in the ini file helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Carenza
                I have noticed that whatever number you put in the .ini file appears on the game limits screen even if it is above 1000 BUT when the game finished the score summers screen says 1000 turns on it so I am not sure if putting a number bigger than 1000 in the ini file helps.
                It's actually 999, since they start counting the turns at 0. 1000 turns is the maximum at this point.

Comment

Working...
                X