caffeine - confessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caffeine - confessions

I followed the link someone gave to chocolate is bad for dogs at the site howstuffworks and than started reading about caffeine

Caffeine and adenosine have common properties in the body, but what do they have to do with one another? Learn about caffeine and adenosine.

it actually sounds pretty nasty, but doesn't entirely fit with my expereince of it

I rarely get much caffeine now, after my blood pressure problem I haven't had a cup of coffee and have only had a couple caffeinated pops (and some chocolate, quite a bit on christmas n fact) since

anyway

I would occasionally (couple times a week) have a few coffees or expressos and would not get any boost of energy from it or anything (in fact I went to sleep right afterwards fine)

and when I went to coffee shops (at most once or twice a week), I would drink 6 or so expressos and 4 or so coffees in a couple hours

and mostly I was never effected

I was deffinitely never addicted, never had any ill effects when I would not drink coffee or do other caffienated beverages or eat coffee

so why didn't I suffer those bad effects discussed?

and why didn't I get addicted?

are you addicted?

how does caffiene effect you?

sometimes when I drank a whole lot of caffiene I would get a weird accelerated feeling, but I ahd to drinka lot for that to occur and that was usually the only affect to occur (There were a few times when it woke me up also, but usually nothing happened)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

If I drink a cup of coffee I'm up for hours and will quite possibly get a headache.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

If I don't get my usual allotment of caffiene, I do get headaches... pounding headaches.

Comment

I can't stand coffee (I just never liked the taste of it :vomit: ), but I do keep a Dr Pepper handy at all times, just in case I need a good-tasting, energizing beverage (which is always.)
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Caffeine is my drug of choice, and I will down one to two pots of coffee in any given twenty-four hour period. That said, I don't suffer from withdrawal, except for being sleepier than usual.

If I want to catch up on my sleep over a few days, I just lay off the coffee.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Recent studies suggest that caffeine intake (in coffee) may decrease the risk of developing Parkinson's disease, but additional study is needed.
            AHAAHHAHHAHA! CAFEINE IS GOOD FOR YUO!!!!!11

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

hugely addicted.

painful headaches if I go without for more than a few hours. If I sleep too late, much pain, subsides with the first rush of...aaahh caffeine.

I need to detox.

Comment

I rarely drink caffiene now, though every once in a while I'll have a Pepsi. But this spring I had a Mountain Dew, and I got a terrible headache. I don't remember getting much of a pick me up from caffiene when I drank it.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Drink a large cup in a morning once in a while, only to remind me that makes me really anxious and jittery through 3/4 of the day.

I've taken a liking to Red Bull in the morning. Not quite as strong, and a vitamin kick to boot.
                  "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I drink 4-5 cups of tea each day.... but usually 2 or 3 of those are herbal so no caffeine there. Anyway, I like my tea light so I doubt there's much caffeine in there anyway. I drink alcohol more often than I drink soda, if I want to get my heartrate up I go run a dozen kilometers...

Comment

Addict. But I only drink caffeine early in the day, or else I can't get to sleep. So usually it's a 12-oz cup in the AM as I start work, and then a caffeinated soda either at lunch or in the afternoon (which, along with fibrous fruit, helps before the gym). No caffeine after 5pm.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Mmm... coffee...
                        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Caffeine does nothing to me. I fall asleep all the same.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I hate coffee. Tea makes me piss. Coke will keep me awake, but I think that's mostly from the sugar, because I inevitably crash. (When I want to get some writing done I'll often down a 2-liter of Coke and stay up until 5 am. Works like a charm.)
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

See my sig (added it this weekend).

I only drink one big mug when I get up, unless my stomach lining is complaing. If I have to skip, I get a light headache. If I drink any after I've been up more than four hours, getting to sleep is a pain.
                              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X