***Tech Bug FIXED!!!***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Tech Bug FIXED!!!***

I believe I have fixed the tech lock up bug.

I have conducted over 50 tests, with different variables which come out clean, every one of these tests.

I used different values for research exponents, percentage per turn, and research multipliers.

Two spreadsheets were used to fix this. Research.txt and TechTables.txt.

Step 1: deselect the READ ONLY option in both text files, then open them.

Step 2: Scroll down the Research.txt file until you come across Percentage Per Turn. Change it from 0.13 to 0.5 or higher.

Save the file.

Step 3: Scroll down the TechTables.txt until you come across Research_Cost_Multiplier and Research_Cost_Exponent_Base.

Change the Multiplier to any number you desire or keep it as default at 80.

Change the Exponent Base from 1.3xx to 1.

Step 4: Close both files and turn the READ ONLY back on for both files.

Step 5: start a new game of MOO3 (It doesn't appear to work on saves created BEFORE the modifications).

Step 6: Enjoy.

I must give credit to blubberbob. My tests are based off his ideas.

However, there are two things that drastically change MOO3 as a result of this.

1. The enemy gains tech just as fast as you. Modifying the Research Multiplier to 200, 300, or more might alleviate this.

2. If you choose the fast tech route (Research multiple < 100) then you AND the enemy (including New Orions) will basically gain a tech level EVERY TURN. By Turn 55 or 60, you'll have all 50 levels of tech researched. If you want to skip the long tech times, or if you want a challenge with high tech'ed enemies, then do this.

Hope the word will spread and more people will come back and play MOO3.
    Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

IMHO, the tech bug is not a show-stopper, at least not to the degree that I've experienced it so far. What is a show-stopper for me, though, is the UI oversights and other strangenesses. Those will be what turns me from the game.
    Mark/MAC

Comment

Macraig, I'd like to know what strangeness you experience in the game. Perhaps I can help out.
      Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Working...
      X